Ration Card is an important document if you wish to get food supplies at a subsidised price. This is not the only advantage of getting ration card as it can also serve the purpose of ID proof, Address Proof and Date of Birth proof as and when required. If you live in Jharkhand then you are also covered under the Food Security Act and you can apply for ration card to get the benefits.
In this article, we have listed the procedure to get the ration card in Jharkhand so you can check out the details below and apply online or offline for the ration card.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
Let us first talk about the different types of ration cards available in Jharkhand. So, there are four different types of ration card available in Jharkhand. Among them, we have BPL Card, APL Card, AA Card and AY Card. The BPL card provides the maximum benefit to the people. The basic eligibility criteria are that you must not be having a prior ration card and you must be at least 18 years old. The ration card is only issued to the residents of Jharkhand. Apart from that, the documents that you need to apply for ration card in Jharkhand are
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate
- Voter ID Card
- Date of Birth Proof
- Bank Passbook
- Passport Size Photo
Once you have these documents ready, you can move to the next step and this will basically help you in getting the ration card.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Online Mode
Below are the steps to apply for ration card in Jharkhand via Online medium
- The official website to apply for ration card in Jharkhand is https://aahar.jharkhand.gov.in/ and you need to start by visiting this website.
- On the top menu, you will notice a tab for online services. Click on the tab to move ahead to the next step. A drop-down menu will be displayed and here, click on the online You will now be redirected to a new page.
- On this new page, click on Proceed button to move ahead. You would also need to select Application for New Ration card in the next step and click on the submit
- Enter your mobile number and then the application form will be displayed. Start filling in the details in the application form and also attach the documents requested.
- Click on submit button after you have attached the documents. This will generate an application number. You need to keep the application number safely
- Now, print the copy of the application form and submit this application to Block Supply Officer. You will now get another acknowledgement slip which should be kept safely.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Offline Mode
There is also an offline procedure to apply for ration card. The steps are listed below
- You can visit the Block Supply Officer and obtain the application form.
- Fill in the details in the application form and also attach the photocopy of the required document.
- Submit the documents to the block officer and obtain the acknowledgement receipt. This will conclude the process for you
What happens after submission of Online / Offline Form?
After the submission of the application, it will go through the scrutiny process. The process remains the same for the online as well as offline application. Your documents and details will be verified. In some cases, an inspector will also be assigned for physical verification. After all, this is done and the report is submitted by the officer, the ration card will be issued.
As per the information available, it takes 15 days for the ration card to be issued after the status is marked as approved.
Steps to Track Ration Card
It is very easy to track the ration card status with the help of this new portal. Follow the steps listed below to track the status
- Visit the website https://aahar.jharkhand.gov.in/ and click on Online Services.
- From the drop-down status, select application status.
- On the next page, enter acknowledgement number, mobile number and activity to get the details.
This is how you can check the status of the ration card. Alternatively, you can visit the Block Supply Officer to check the status as well.
This was all about getting ration card in Jharkhand. For any other information, you can visit the website listed above. The website has all the required information. The digitalization has surely made it easy for the people to apply for ration card in Jharkhand.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.