Karnataka is located in the southern part of Country and it has cities like Bangalore which had been the epic center of growth. Bangalore is certainly the Silicon Valley of India and in addition to this, Bangalore is also a perfect incubation center for start-ups. The sad reality is that there are still many people who are living below the poverty line. Life can certainly be a challenge and it is the responsibility of the government to provide basic amenities like food. For the people who are living below the poverty line, there is a food security act which helps them in availing food at subsidised rates.
So, the ration card is required to avail the benefits under the food security act. If you do not have a ration card and if you need one then you can check out the procedures listed in this article for getting the Ration Card in Karnataka
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
There are 4 different types of ration card issued by the government of Karnataka. The first one is Priority House Hold Ration Card, the second one is Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration card, the third one is NPHH Card and the last one is Annapurna Yojana Ration Card. The benefits and eligibility criteria vary according to the ration card. Let us now look at the documents required to get the card.
- Passport Size Photo of all Family Members
- Income Certificate for Head of Family
- Aadhaar Card of All Family Members
- Voter ID Card for all Family Members
If you wish to apply for ration card online then you can keep a scanned copy of the ration card on your system. If you are planning to go for an offline process then obtain a photocopy of these documents. This will help you in speeding up the process.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Online Mode
The easiest thing to do is to apply for ration card online. If you also wish to follow the online procedure then check out the steps below
- Start by visiting https://ahara.kar.nic.in/ as this is the official website which will help you in applying for the ration card.
- Once you are on the website, select e-Services from the top menu bar and also select e-Ration Card on the next page. You will notice a new set of options available. Select New Ration Card to move ahead.
- You will now be redirected to a new page. From here, select New Ration Card and then select the type of ration card and the application type.
- In this step, you need to enter the Aadhaar number and verify the Aadhaar number to move ahead. The validation is done via OTP so it is a mandatory step. You will need to verify the fingerprint as well here so you can borrow a scanner from your friend or known.
- Next, you need to click on Add button and you can sync in the details of the other family members. Capture the details like relation and move to the next step.
- Now, click on the save button to submit the application form. You need to make the payment of the fee and the process will conclude.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Offline Mode
If you are not comfortable in following the online procedure to apply for ration card in Karnataka then you can also follow the offline procedure. Below is the procedure for the same
- You need to visit the office of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affair Department. From here, you need to obtain the form to apply for ration card in Karnataka.
- Once you obtain the form, you can fill in the details and attach the photocopy of the documents. Do not forget to carry originals with you.
- In this step, submit the application form for the verification. The officer may ask you for the original documents for the first level of verifications.
- After submission, you will receive an acknowledgement slip with the acknowledgement number for tracking purpose.
What happens after submission of Online / Offline Form?
After you submit the online or the offline form, the verification procedure remains the same. The documents are verified and this is easier in Aadhaar since the OTP validation is already done. Post verification, physical inspection is carried out and then you get the ration card delivered to your home in 15 days.
Steps to Track Ration Card
To track the ration card, you need to visit the office and check the status if it is undelivered in 15 days. You can also call on the toll-free number listed on the website to check the status. If you already have the ration card number then you can visit https://ahara.kar.nic.in/FCS_report/verify_rationcard.aspx to check the status of your request.
If in case, you do not know your ration card number then visit https://ahara.kar.nic.in/e_services.aspx and you will be able to check the status of your ration card application.
This was the complete procedure to apply for ration card and to check the status of the ration card. The fee at the time of compiling this information was Rs 70 and this is always subjected to change.
You need to start the application procedure and all other details will be available with you. As mentioned earlier, the lead time to get the ration card delivered is 15 days and it is delivered via Indian Post.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.