Mizoram is the eastern state of India, where the primary source of income is agriculture, and that’s why most of the people also live under financial stress. The best thing is that the Indian Government allows the backward people to avail of food grains and other household commodities at low prices. To get the food and grains at low prices, one needs to have a Ration Card.
It also acts as an address proof and residential proof. So, you can learn the easy steps to get fill up the Ration card application form.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
The eligibility criteria to apply for Ration card in Mizoram asks an applicant to be the resident of Mizoram. The applicant should not do not have a Ration card already, and the people who have temporary ration card/expired ration card can apply for the new one. The couples who have got married in the state can also apply for the Ration card. Here are the necessary documents which should be attached with the application form:
- The address proof of applicant and it can include telephone bill, electricity, and water bill.
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Income certificate of the applicant
- Driving License
- Photograph of the family head will be required
Procedure to apply for Ration Card through online mode
You can use the easy and fast online system to apply for Ration card in Mizoram. The process is quite easy and can be completed within some minutes. Here are the steps which you are required to follow to submit the application form for the Ration Card:
- At first, you have to visit the official website of Directorate of Food, Supplies & Consumer Affairs, https://fcsca.mizoram.gov.in/ of Mizoram. You will open the home page where you can click on Ration options.
- In the ‘Ration Cards’ Option, you will find, ‘forms’ option and you need to click on it to get the application form.
- You will need to download the form in PDF format, and then you can take its print out.
- Start filling the application form with the correct details and don’t forget to attach the necessary documents with it.
- After filling up the form, you can visit the Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs in your area where you can submit the application form along with the required documents to the authorities.
- You just need to wait for around 15 to 30 days, and the Ration Card will be sent to your home.
What will happen after submission of Offline/Online form?
After you fill up the application form, you just need to wait for the verification procedure. The verification method is quite crucial in the process of Ration card application because you won’t receive Ration card until the documents and information available on your form are not certified. That’s why it is crucial that you only provide correct information on your Ration Card. After the verification is successful, the Ration card will be dispatched to your home address.
Steps to Track Ration Card
As the Mizoram government allows the applicants to submit a form through an online portal, you are also able to track your application status within a few seconds at the official online website. You have to go to the office to submit the form, and you will get an acknowledgment slip from there. Make sure that you keep that slip secure with you as it will help track the ration card status. You can either go to the office to track the status of your application, or you can also go to the official website from where you got the application form for Ration Card.
By checking the tracking status, you will get an idea about the days till Ration Card will reach your doorstep. You won’t have to wait for more than 20 to 30 days to receive your Ration Card.
So, this was the secure method to apply for Ration Card in Mizoram. If you have any query or doubts, then you can get rid of it by going to the Department of food, civil supplies & consumer affairs in Mizoram. The official authorities will help you to know more about the procedure.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.