Nagaland Food and Civil Supplies Department issues ration cards to the citizens of the state to avail various schemes provided by the government. Ration card is a necessary document to avail various schemes such as Antodaya Anna Yojana, Annapurna scheme, BPL scheme, APL scheme and Village grain bank scheme. The ration card also acts as an identity document for the family.
There are two basic eligibility criteria that the applicant must satisfy in order to apply for a ration card in Nagaland.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- The applicant should not have another ration card
Eligibility requirements for various schemes are as follows.
- Antodaya Anna Yojana – This scheme is for landless labourers, disabled people without support, widows and elderly people.
- BPL scheme – This scheme is for daily wage earners, landless labourers and marginal farmers.
- Annapurna scheme – This scheme is for citizens who are 65 years or above in age and are financially weak.
- Village grain bank scheme – Under this scheme, marginalised communities are provided commodities in the event of famines and natural disasters.
- APL scheme – People not eligible for AAY, Annapurna and BPL schemes are covered by this scheme.
The following documents are required to apply for a ration card in Nagaland.
- Identity proof such as voter id, Aadhar card, electricity bill, etc.
- Residence proof such as bank passbook, telephone or electricity bill, driving license, etc.
- Date of birth proof
- An affidavit declaring that the applicant does not possess another ration card.
- Surrender certificate of the previous ration card if the applicant has been transferred from other state to Nagaland.
- Family photograph of family members who will be named in the ration card.
How to apply
The applicant needs to follow some simple steps to apply for a ration card in Nagaland.
- Download the application form from the official website of FCS Government of Nagaland http://fcsnagaland.gov.in. You can also obtain the form from your local ration card office.
- Fill in all the details as asked in the application form. All the details should be correct.
- Attach all the required documents with the application form and submit them at the local Food and Civil Supplies office.
- Acknowledgment slip would be provided after submission of the application form and the documents.
How to check status
Visit the official website of FCS Government of Nagaland http://fcsnagaland.gov.in/. Thereafter, enter the acknowledgement slip number or application number and click on the search button to get the status of your application.