The State Government of Telangana provides ration cards to the eligible citizens of the state. Ration card enables the card holders to get rice, flour, sugar, oil and other kinds of ration at low rates from the market. The ration card also acts as an address proof. Telangana Meeseva Center provides online ration card application form. You can also collect the application form by physically visiting the Meeseva Center.
- The applicant and his/her family must be citizens of India and residents of the state of Telengana.
- The applicant and family members should not have family card in any other state of India.
- Married couples need to get their names deleted from the family ration card of their respective families.
- Family members must be closely related to the applicant.
The following documents are required for applying for a ration card in Telangana.
- A copy of the age certificate of the head of the family. School leaving certificate is also accepted.
- A copy of an identity proof document such as Aadhar Card, driver’s license, voter ID card, etc.
- A copy of income proof document which proves that the income is below the fixed limit as required to get ration card.
- A copy of proof of residence document.
- Passport sized photograph of the applicant.
- Tenancy agreement in case the applicant stays in rented accommodation.
How to apply
The application form can be downloaded from the Meeseva Website. The link is http://www.meeseva.gov.in.
Fill the application form after selecting the type of card for which you are applying. Various details such as the name of the head of the family, mother’s name, father’s name, occupation, annual income, gas connection details, details of all the members of the family, residence address and permanent address needs to be filled in the form. Attach your photograph to the form. The form must be filled correctly otherwise the application would be rejected by the authorities.
Submit the duly filled application form along with all the required documents at the Meeseva Center. Pay the prescribed fee and collect the receipt.
How to check the status of your ration card online
In order to check the status of your ration card after submitting the application form, you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the website https://epds.telangana.gov.in
- Click on the option “FSC Search” present on the left hand corner of the website.
- On the new page, click on “Ration card search” option.
- From the drop down menu, select your district.
- Enter your Aadhar number or FSR reference number or old ration card number and click on the search button.
- The status of your ration card would be displayed on the screen.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.