The Directorate of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs of the Government of Tripura issues ration cards to the citizens of the state. Ration card provides rice, sugar, wheat, kerosene, etc. to the cardholders at government subsidised rates.
Three types of ration cards are issued to the citizens of Tripura. They are as follows.
- Above Poverty Line ration cards for families with incomes above the poverty line index.
- Below Poverty Line ration cards for families with incomes falling below the poverty line index.
- Antodaya Anna Yojana ration cards which provide the highest subsidy rates. These cards are issued to families which meet certain conditions.
The applicant must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for a ration card in Tripura.
- The applicant must be a resident of Tripura.
- The applicant must not have another ration card.
The applicant must submit the following documents to apply for a ration card in Tripura.
- Land document dated before the year 1971.
- Citizenship Certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate of the State of Tripura
- Affidavit that the applicant was not previously holding any ration card
- Deletion Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Income certificate
- Address proof
- ID proof such as voter ID, driving license, etc.
- Passport sized photographs of the applicant and family members.
How to apply through online mode
You need to visit http://epdstr.gov.in and download the application form. Application form in Bengali language is also available on the website. Fill the application form correctly and submit it along with all the required documents in the local ration card office. In case of BPL ration card application, recommendation of Panchayat authorities is also required to be submitted along with other documents.
On submission of the application form and other documents, a receipt is given to the applicant. The receipt has the date on which the ration card would be issued to the applicant. This receipt is required to collect the ration card on the specified date.
How to apply through offline mode
Offline mode requires the applicant to make the application in plain paper or in prescribed application form obtained from the local ration office. Submit the application form along with all the requisite documents in the local ration office. A receipt specifying the date on which the ration card is to be collected is given to the applicant. The receipt is necessary to get the ration card on the said date.
How to know about the application status
The status of your application can be checked online. You simply need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the website of the The Directorate of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs of the Government of Tripura http://epdstr.gov.in/TR/epds#
- On the homepage, click on “Others” option and then select “Ration Card Search”
- On the next page, click on the option “ Click here to search your ration card application”
- On the next page, click on the option “Ration Card Application Status for other Requests”
- Enter the application reference number in the box which appears on the screen and click on continue button.
- The status of your ration card application would be displayed on the screen.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.