Ration card is mandatory for every citizen of India as an identity and address proof. In earlier days, ration card was primarily used for getting the basic needs like rice, sugar, and oil at cheaper rates from the schemes created by the Government. The ration card has entered into a new digital form of cards. New digital ration card is being distributed recently in the state of West Bengal. Ration card is important for people below the poverty line who cannot afford the basic needs easily.
The offline mode of applying the ration card is not preferred by people nowadays because of its tiring process. It has become a piece of cake to apply online and is preferred by many. Both online and offline mode can be opted by the individual based on his convenience.
The procedure to apply for the ration card online is as follows
- First, visit the website www.wbpds.gov.in. in order to apply online
- Select the option “Food security portal”
- Select the form from the pop-down menu from features
- After downloading the form, fill all the details required in the application form
- Selection of district name and block name
- Choose Ration dealer name
- Submit the application form along with all the required documents like passport size photo, ID proof by clicking on submit button
- The application number is generated for tracking purpose later
- Before submission, the basic details can be checked like age, eligibility and other details of the ration card
For the offline application of ration card, the following are the steps to be followed
- The applicant needs to collect the application form from the nearest ration card office
- Fill the application form with all the required details
- The filled application form along with the necessary documents like photograph address proof like passport, bank passbook, etc should be submitted
- Income proof and age proof of the family head should be submitted along with the application
- Application number will be generated which is used for tracking purpose
Eligibility for applying a ration card cannot be overlooked and hence the eligibility criteria for applying for a ration card are:
- The applicant should not have a ration card earlier
- Married couples who got married recently in West Bengal can apply
- Applicants with temporary ration cards and expired ones can apply for a new ration card
Following are the documents which are necessary for submitting along with the application form are
- The passport size photo of the family head is mandatory
- Any photo ID proof like Voter ID, Aadhar card, Driving license, Passport
- Proof of residence like electricity bill, water bill etc
- The application form which can be downloaded online or procured offline from ration card office
- Basic details of all the family members including new couples
- Income certificate of all the family members which is important
Tracking the status of the applied form is very simple and this can be done by following the below steps
- Visit the official website www.wbpds.gov.in.
- Select the portal “Food security portal”
- Later click on “Track Food Security Application” from the dropdown menu
- On clicking the option, select the district name
- Then select Block name/Municipality
- Select GP /Ward
- Select name and beneficiary details
- Select the option Ration Dealer Name
- Now enter the application number / NFS ID, where the reference number is generated during submission of application form
- Click on the track status icon
- The result will be displayed on the screen
Searching the name online is also an easy task by following the steps below:
- First Visit the official website www.wbpds.gov.in.
- Select the following details like district, subdivision, FPS, Block, beneficiary name and category
- Click on submit
- If the name already exists, the name will be displayed online else it will not be displayed
Applying for a new ration card and checking the status has become easy and many prefer to do it online. The offline way is also preferred by people who do not have knowledge about the online way of application.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.