In order to help the needy and to educate the young children of the country, the Indian government have a number of programmes in place. One such Scholarship programme exists in the state of Kerala and is called the Snehapoorvam Scholarship. Let us find out about the programme in detail
About Snehapoorvam Scholarship
Not many of us are aware or have even heard of Snehapoorvam Scholarship. Hence, let us begin by getting acquainted with the term and the scheme. It is a programme that has been started by the Social Security Mission of Kerala. The main aim of the programme or the scheme is to enable and give assistance for the payment of school fees. The criteria for choosing eligible children under this scheme is those whose both parents have passed away, or either the father or the mother has passed away. Besides, for being eligible towards this scheme, the children have to belong to classes 1 to 12 and should be studying in a government school or college.
Assistance Given as Part of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship:
The Kerala Social Security Mission imparts the following assistance as part of the scholarship programme:
- If you are a child who is below the age of 5 years and are study in a class between 1 to 5, you will get an assistance of rupees 300 per month
- If you are a child who is studying in a class between 6 to 10, you will get an assistance of rupees 500 per month
- If you are a child who is studying in a class 11 or 12, you will get an assistance of rupees 750 per month
- If you are someone who is pursuing a degree or a professional course, you shall get financial assistance of rupees 1000 per month
It is extremely important to know the eligibility criteria for being able to get the benefits of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship:
- The students should belong to the BPL category. BPL category implies that your family’s annual income should be less than 20,000 rupees if you are staying in a rural area; and if you are someone who belongs to an urban area, your family’s annual income should be less than 22,375 rupees.
- Besides, as mentioned above, the student who is eligible must be studying in a government school or college
- The child must be a student in between standard 1 to standard 12
- The child should have lost both his parents; or either of his parents should have died for being eligible to take the benefits of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship.
The programme has also come up with an official website. The official website in which a student can get all the related information about this programme is:
You can easily apply online if you are someone who is looking forward to getting the benefits of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship.
The following section lays down the steps:
- The first step is to visit the official website which is called the kssm.ikm.in
- Post that, you will have to login on the tab which mentions “Schools/College Login.”
- You will be redirected to a page which mentions about the new user registration. You should go to that page and fill the required details in an appropriate manner
- The application will also be required to be filled and you should take utmost care to fill the form accurately and appropriately.
- The next step is to upload a copy or the xerox of all the documents that is required and is mentioned on the website. This includes your signed and attested passport size photographs, and other related documents.
- After providing all the relevant details, submit the form by clicking on the “Submit” tab
- After the online application has been approved, you will receive an application form
- Finally, you need to take a print out of this particular form
- You should also get the official seal as well as the signature of the school or the college in which you are studying
- The last step is to send the copy of the online filled and completed form of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship in the below mentioned address:
Kerala Social Security Mission,
Documents That You Need to Upload:
As mentioned in the above section, one of the steps to complete the online registration of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship is to upload a host of documents. But which are those documents? In this section, we have mentioned the documents that need to be uploaded:
- Copy of the death certificate of any one or both of the parents. This copy should also be attested
- Then, since people belonging to the BPL category can only apply, you should also submit a BPL certificate or a BPL ration card. This should also include the income proof of your family and the copies should again be attested by authorized personnel
- Nationalized passbook copy of the bank. The account should be a joint account and should also be in the name of the respective guardian.
- The final list of document that has to be submitted is the photo copy of your Aadhar. In case you do not have a Aadhar copy, the latest proof of Aadhar registration should also work as a valid document for your Snehapoorvam Scholarship.
Last Date to Apply and Other Details:
Like all online applications, there has to be a particular time till when you can apply and submit application for the admissions and the ensuing scholarship. For the admissions through the Snehapoorvam Scholarship for the year 2019-2020, the last date to apply is October 2019. Post that, the Kerala Social Security Mission will release the selection list. This particular list shall be made available in the month of January 2020.
Contact Details of the Kerala Social Security Mission Who Run the Snehapoorvam Scholarship Programme:
If you find it difficult to fill the online application form or there are other queries which you need to ask about the Snehapoorvam Scholarship programme, you can contact the Kerala Social Security Mission as under:
Contact Number: 0471-2341200 & 2346016 is the fax number
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope that the above article has been helpful in enlightening you about the Scholarship programme in Kerala.