Tripura government also introduced a widow pension scheme for the women in the state. This scheme is especially applicable for women who are below BPL. The pension scheme assures a credit of Rs 400 every month to such families who are struggling. Even though the amount is not much, it can still help meet some of the annual expenses. In this article, we have shared all the information about the widow pension scheme in Tripura, and we have also listed the application process for you.
Go ahead and check out the details below.
Apply Widow Pension Tripura
Eligibility Criteria for Widow Pension Scheme Tripura
The eligibility criteria for the widow pension scheme Tripura has been listed below.
- The applicant should be a resident of Tripura.
- The age of the applicant should be between 40 and 59 years.
- The applicant should belong to the BPL category
Documents Required for the Application Procedure
You would need some documents to apply for the widow pension scheme in Tripura. Go ahead and check out the list below. We advise you to take a photocopy of these documents to submit the form when you visit the office.
- Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof
- Bank Passbook
- BPL Ration Card
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Passport Size Photo
Online Application Process for Widow Pension Scheme Tripura
In Tripura, the widow pension scheme application is still not available online. So, if you wish to apply for the widow pension scheme, you need to restrict yourself to the offline process. Below are the detailed steps for the same.
- The social welfare department of Tripura controls the pensions in Tripura. The link to their website is https://socialwelfare.tripura.gov.in/node/564.
- To obtain the form, you can visit the directorate of social welfare and social education in Malancha, Ujan Abhoynagar, Agartala, West Tripura.
- Once you have received the form, you need to start by filling in all the details. This is an important step, and you need to ensure that all the information entered by you is correct.
- Please review the details again and attach the documents as per the list we shared in the previous section.
- Once the form is ready, you must submit it to the officer and obtain the acknowledgement slip. Keep this slip safely with you for future reference.
Tracking the Status of the Application
After you submit the form, the application will be reviewed at multiple levels, and the documents will be verified too. If the application has been approved, the pension will start flowing in. However, if you wish to track the application status during all this, you can track the process by visiting the office of the directorate of social welfare.
This was the detailed process to apply for a widow pension scheme in Tripura. We hope we have answered all your questions about the scheme. If you know anyone in need, you can help them apply for the widow pension. If you face any issues, you can also reach out to the helpdesk at 0381- 2326033. Alternatively, you can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.