The Uttar Pradesh is one of the states that has poor economy and the literacy rate is low when compared to other developing states in India. Hence, Uttar Pradesh government decided to provide scholarships to hardworking students who are financially backward.
UP Scholarship 2019-20
The Uttar Pradesh government is providing scholarship for matric, post matric and Dasmottar scholarship for 2019 for different universities, schools and colleges. The scholarship can be applied online as well. The eligible criteria for the student to apply for the scholarship depends on the previous academic performance. Earlier, the scholarship was given to the students who are from poor economic minority whose parents annual income is below 1 lakh. Starting 2017, the scholarship is open for everyone who score more than 50% in their previous class. Those who score between 50% – 70% are eligible for state sponsored scholarships while students scoring more than 70% will get central government scholarships.
- Students of class 9,10,11,12, diploma, undergraduate and post graduate students are eligible for the scholarship given they qualify per the guidelines of the UP scholarship program.
- The student must be domicile of Uttar Pradesh.
- For pre-matric class 9: the student must have passed class 8 and so on for next level classes.
- For the eligibility of Dashmottar, the student must be enrolled in any of the UG, PG, Diploma Certificate examination.
- The student must submit the required documents as sited in the official website.
Documents Required for UP scholarship 2019-20
- Previous class marks sheet
- Caste certificate
- Income Certificate of the father/mother which is not more than last 3 years.
- Residence certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Fee Receipt number
- Annual Non-refundable amount
- Aadhar Card Number
- Enrollment Number
- Latest passport size photo
There is also a renewal option for previously applied students. Hence, if a student wants to re-apply for scholarship, he/she must provide the previous year’s registration number and enter the details.
In order to reach broader students and make things easy in a world internet, the government started to accept online applications for the scholarship. The official website is http://scholarship.up.nic.in/ .
Online Application Form
Step 1: Registration: Navigate to the official website http://scholarship.up.nic.in/select ‘Student’ and select new registration to create the login credentials.
Step 2: Create the login details by providing all the personal information. The email id provided should be accurate and valid as all the communications will be sent to the registered email address. Once the registration is complete an email will be sent to set up the login and password. Students must login to their email and set the password for the UP scholarship portal.
Step 3: Give all the details necessary in the form.
Step 4: After completing the form online and submitting it will generate a temporary registration number.
Step 5: Applicant must save the temporary registration number until a permanent registration is given upon completion of the process.
Step 6: UP Scholarship Form: Login to the portal with temporary registration number and choose the appropriate scholarship form according to your matric and caste.
Step 7: Upload a passport size scanned photo
Step 8: Start filling the form with date of birth, caste, mobile number and other academic details as per the requirement. All the details must be legitimate including the bank account details else the program committee will remove all the fake accounts.
Step 9: Take a print out of the form and submit to the respective college and universities.
Step 10: Once the application is submitted and reviewed by the government the UP scholarship amount will be deposited in the student’s bank account.
Another added advantage of having official website is you can see the eligibility for other available scholarships if you keep recording the mark sheets in the UP scholarship portal.
Last date to Apply
The eligible students can start applying for UP scholarships starting July 1st 2019 to Oct 31st 2019 for the year 2020. However, at the time of application duration, the government may tweak the dates according to the situation. For example, for 2019 admissions, the UP government has extended the last date to November 16th for many of the scholarship programs. Kindly refer to the website for the start and end date of the online application.
The following students can contact the respective members from UP Scholarship Program for any assistance or guidance required on the program.
- Dashmottar Students can contact Mr. PK Tripathi – Deputy Director 0522-2209270 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm).
- Social Welfare Department: Toll Free No: 1800 419 0001, 1800 301 00001
Important Points while applying for the scholarship
- Fresh students who enrolled in the current year but did not submit the UP scholarship form can register yourself as new candidate.
- Renewal candidates should use the renewal candidate link on the UP scholarship portal.
- If you don’t know annual non-refundable amount , please contact your school or college for the same.
- After filling the application form, submit it within 3 days.
- Aadhar card is a must to apply for UP scholarship program.
- While applying through any college, kindly check if the college is in black list or not. If the college or the institution is in black list then UP government will not provide the scholarship.
- There should be no fake documents as the UP government educational committee closely reviews the documents and does a thorough audit.
- Always check for the last submission date of the respective scholarship. For example the last date for pre-matric online application may differ from that of post matric application.
Every student has the right to education in India. Unfortunately, there are few states where the literacy rate is low due to poor economic conditions. Uttar Pradesh government has established the scholarship scheme to improve and develop state to compete in the growing economy.
If you or anyone know a student who is hardworking but financially cannot avail education, please inform about the UP scholarship program so that he/she can benefit and become a successful individual.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.