Punjab is located in the northern part of India and it shares its border with Haryana as well as some other states. We would like to ask you one question and the question is what comes to your mind when you hear Punjab. We are sure that some delicious food comes to your mind and you must also know that Punjab is also referred to as granary of India. The land here is really fertile and that is basically because of the number of rivers that pass through Punjab. You might not be knowing but the fact is that Punjab also shares international border with Pakistan.
There are many factors that make Punjab an ideal destination for investment in real estate. You can go ahead and invest money in agricultural land or you can invest in one of the commercial or industrial zones. One thing that you can be sure of is the investment is going to fetch you a good amount of return in the upcoming time. With all this in mind, you can search a perfect property for yourself in Punjab but there is one thing that you need to do before you make the payment of token money to the seller. Do you know what this is? Well, it is to check the land records of the property that you are purchasing and in this article, you will find all the relevant details about the same.
Advantages of Checking Land Records in Punjab
Earlier in time, there had been cases of fraud with the buyers of the property. This was easy to do because many people didn’t take the pain of visiting the government office to check the land records. The fact is that it is very important to check the land records before you actually buy the property. This validates that the deal is legit and this is also applicable for all the property related deals in Punjab.
So, in a way, we can say that checking land records can help in bringing in transparency in the deal. It is possible to check the land records via Online medium and below is the details.
Steps to Check Land Records in Punjab
You can follow the steps listed below to check all the details.
- To check the land records, you can visit the website http://www.plrs.org.in/. This website is maintained by the government of Punjab in order to provide information to the people.
- On the website, you will notice a map of Punjab in the centre and Fard will be mentioned over there. Click on the map and you will be redirected to a new page.
- Once you are on a new page, choose your District, Tehsil, Village and Year to move to the next step.
- Now, select the details that you want to check. You can choose Jamabandi, Mutation, Roznamcha, Mutation after Registry and Integrated Property.
- Once you make this selection, select the search criteria and select the correct entry. Now, click on view report to get all the property related details. The process is quite simple and it takes just about a couple of minutes to get the details.
What are Other Services Offered?
There are several other features available on the website. Apart from checking the land details, you can check the mutation status and you can also request the correction in records if you are the owner of the land. Apart from this, there is also a feature which lets you check the court cases on the property so that you know that you are not investing in the disputed property.
Believe it or not but there is more to offer. The website can calculate the property tax register for you and apart from that, you can also get information about registry deed using the website.
This was all the information about the land records in Punjab. If you need any clarification or any other help then you can reach out to The Revenue Commission located in Sector 1 in Chandigarh. Time to time, you can also check the information about tenders and announcements using the website which can certainly prove to be really helpful.