The Government of West Bengal along with its several subsidiary units offers different scholarships to students who are permanent residents of West Bengal and studies in a college, school, institute, or university in the state of West Bengal. The scholarship is designed to support, help, and enhance the knowledge of students, who are meritorious, underprivileged, and deserving.
The government of West Bengal is supported by the reputed institutions like Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, and Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur to disburse the scholarship. This support offered by the institution makes the education easy and hassle free.
List of West Bengal Scholarships 2019
|Sl. No.||Name of the scholarship||Scholarship providers name|
|1.||Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship||Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS)|
|2.||Hindi Scholarship Scheme||Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology|
|3.||Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
|4.||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities||Government of West Bengal|
|5.||Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
Details of each scholarship scheme
|Sl. No.||Name of the scholarship||More about the scholarship|
|1.||Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship||This scholarship is offered to female students who have successfully completed 12th class and studying in any institute or college in West Bengal. However, the student should be pursuing science, medicine, or engineering course in any of the institution.|
|2.||Hindi Scholarship Scheme||This scholarship was launched in order to promote the study of Hindi language in a non-Hindi speaking state like West Bengal. The scholarship will be made available for students studying in PG, UG, and higher secondary level.|
|3.||Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||This scholarship is offered by the Backward Welfare Department to any students that belong to the SC, ST, or OBC category that are studying in post matriculation or post secondary levels. On the other hand, if the applicant is doing 11th, 12th, UG, or PG course is eligible to get the scholarship.|
|4.||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities||This scholarship is one of the most popular merit based scholarship offered today to students of West Bengal to support studies from class 11th onwards. However, the student from a minority community|
|5.||Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||The government of West Bengal, Backward Classes Welfare Department, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, and Government of India fund this scholarship. The scholarship is offered to students studying in 9th and 10th class.|
- The applicant should be in an Indian citizen
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of West Bengal
|Sl. No.||Name of the scholarship||Eligibility criteria|
|1.||Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship||· The applicant should have completed the 12th standard
· The applicant should be a female
· The applicant should be studying in any reputed institution in West Bengal
|2.||Hindi Scholarship Scheme||· The applicant must be studying in any institute, university, or college in West Bengal
· The applicant should be from a non-Hindi speaking state
· The applicant should have scored at least 60% marks in the final exam and should have passed in the first attempt itself.
· The applicant must have opted Hindi as one of the subjects
· The applicant should have passed from a madhyamik, higher secondary, graduation, PG or any equivalent degree course.
|3.||Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||· The applicant should be from SC, ST, or OBC category
· The applicant should be from 11th or 12th class or doing a UG or a PG course
· If the applicant is from SC/ST category then his/her parental income should be less than 2.5 lakhs
· If the applicant was from an OBC category then, his/her parental income should be less than 1 lakh
|4.||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities||· If the applicant is from an UG level then he/she should have scored minimum 75% marks in class 12th
· If the applicant is studying in a higher secondary class, then his/her marks in class 10th must be greater than 75%
· If the applicant is studying a PG course, then he/she should have scored a minimum of 53% marks in UG course
· The annual family income of the applicant should be less than 2.5 lakhs
|5.||Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||· The applicant should be a student of class 9th or 10th
· The annual income of the family should not be more than 2 lakhs per annum
· The applicant should belong to SC or ST category
|Sl. No.||Name of the scholarship||How to apply?|
|1.||Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship||The applicant must visit the office of JBNSTS, collect the application form, fill in the form and then submit the form.|
|2.||Hindi Scholarship Scheme||The applicant should visit the office of Scholarship & Stipend Section of Education, Directorate, West Bengal|
|3.||Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||The applicant should visit the official website of OASIS and then fill in the application form, submit the form.|
|4.||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities||The applicant should visit the official website of West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation’s and click on Swami Vivekananda Scholarship scheme from the options.|
|5.||Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||The applicant should visit the official website of OASIS and then fill in the application form, submit the form|
If you need to know more about the scholarships, stay tuned to our website. All the details mentioned above were collected from genuine sources.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.