Assam certainly needs no introduction as it is a part of seven sisters and apart from that, the state is very beautiful. The state is full of tourist attractions and at the same time, you come across a lot of tea farming in Assam. The tea is exported and it is sold at a very high price. All these factors make Assam a really good option to invest money in. You need to check some of the records before purchasing the property and the records we are talking about here are the land records.
You might be aware of the fact that the NDA government is investing a lot of money to provide digital services to the people. A part of the effort also includes good governance. So, most of the offices are now adapting a digital methodology to provide services to the people and in addition to this, the records are also being digitalized. One of the important record which were not available digitally until now was the land records but the central government along with the state government of Assam is digitalizing the records and they are making these records available to the people. In this article, you will find all the possible information about the land records in Assam.
Advantages of Checking Land Records
The main advantage of checking the land records is that it promotes a lot of transparency in the land deal. This also reduces the chances of the fraud significantly and in addition to this, you also get to know about the exact details of the land. Moreover, this facility is available free of cost so you do not have to invest a single rupee to check the land records. Apart from this, there isn’t really much that you need to know but make sure that you check the land records before making the payment of the token money. If you are wondering about the disadvantages of checking the land records in Assam then let us tell you that there are no disadvantages of the same.
Steps to Check Land Records in Assam
You can follow the steps listed below to check all the details.
- The process to check the land record in Assam is similar to the process of checking the land record in other states. You need to start by visiting the official website which is http://revenueassam.nic.in/ILRMS/
- On the homepage, you will see different kind of services you can avail from the website. From these options, start by selecting Jamabandi Copy Online and you will automatically be redirected to a new page.
- You will notice a list of districts on this new page so select the correct district and also select the correct circle under the district. Once you make this selection, you need to select the village or town. This will take you to a new page
- You can now enter the Dag Number or Patta Number to search the records. You can also get the records with the owner’s name. Select the appropriate results which are relevant to you and you will be able to fetch the records easily.
- From here, you can choose to print the land records as it takes just another minute to print the record. The records are made available in print-friendly pdf version.
What are Other Services Offered?
There are several other services which are offered by the land record website in Assam. You will notice all these services mentioned on the top of the page. You can choose to select any of them. We have already discussed about the service called Jamabandi Copy. The next service that you can avail is obtaining the NOC. The website also has a calculator for Stamp Duty and Registration fee so you can again check these details with ease.Another service offered by the website is to check the maps of the land.
The website for checking the land records in Assam provides a lot of services. You can use this service while purchasing the land. For example, you can check the registration fee and this way you will know that you are not being overcharged while registering the land. This way, you can avail various other services for your benefit.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.