If you know a widow in West Bengal who finds it hard to meet ends, you can help them apply for the widow pension scheme. This is a state government sponsored scheme where all the eligible ladies get a benefit in a monthly pension. We understand that many people struggle with government procedures so, in this article, we have listed all the information about Widow Pension Scheme in West Bengal.
As per the scheme, the benefit offered under this scheme is Rs 750 monthly. This benefit is transferred directly to the bank as per the details seeded in the application. To check the eligibility, application procedure and other details, check the section below.
Apply Widow Pension West Bengal
Eligibility Criteria for Widow Pension Scheme West Bengal
The state government has set some eligibility criteria for the pension scheme. We have listed the detailed points below.
- The applicant should be over 18 years old.
- The applicant should be a domicile of West Bengal.
- The income of the applicant should not be over Rs 1000 per month.
Documents Required for the Application Procedure
We have shared the eligibility criteria for the widow pension scheme in West Bengal. In this section of the page, we have listed the documents you will need to get the benefits. Check out the list below.
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook or Account Details
- Ration Card for BPL
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Income proof from Panchayat
- Passport Size Photo
- Residence proof from Panchayat
Online Application Process for Widow Pension Scheme West Bengal
The state government still hasn’t started the online process for the application of a widow pension scheme. In this case, you would need to follow the offline process. We have shared the details below.
- To apply for the pension scheme, you need to visit Rural Development Officer (Rural Area), or you need to visit the Sub-Division Officer (Outside Kolkata Municipal Corporation), or you need to visit the office of the controller (Within Kolkata Municipal Corporation).
- The forms are available at these offices, so you would need to obtain the form and submit it hereafter filling it. We advise you to take the documents with you so that you can attach a photocopy of the documents and submit the form in a single visit.
- Once you submit the form, an acknowledgement slip will be issued.
Tracking the Status of the Application
You would not be able to track the application status online, and you will be receiving the application number when you apply for the scheme. To track the status, you would have to rely on the offline medium, and you would have to revisit the office to get the actual status.
We have shared all the details in the simplest form possible. We hope that all this information will help you enrol on the widow pension scheme in West Bengal. The grant from the state government can help with some expenses towards the food or medical treatment. If you are having any issues or need help, you can also reach out to the helpline at +91-033-2337 1797.