Do you find it tough to wake up in the morning due to pain? Are you even unable to stand straight after you wake up? It can be due to some problem in your spine or lower back pain. Back pain is one of the most common health issues that are faced by many people across the world. Did you know that almost 80 percent of the people will experience back pain at least once in their lifetime? There can be many reasons for back pain like lifting heavy weights in gym, everyday strain and stress, incorrect way of doing exercises, disc herniation, and wrong sitting posture and can also be due to any injury in the past.
Along with that, weight, height, and age can also be a reason for severe back pain in men and women. When it comes to treating back pain, it depends on the level of pain that you are experiencing and the exact location of the pain. It will be your doctor who will be able to address the problem in the right way and suggest you the right treatment. But one of the ways to give relief to the back is with the help of back support belts. Whatever treatment option your doctor suggests, it will be accompanied by back support belts. You will be able to find different types of back support belts in the Indian market for women and men, and you can choose the one that suits your requirements.
They are called the back support belts, abdomen belts, back support braces, and many other names in India. The force that you feel during the normal body movement or when you are lifting any weight will be reduced with the help of the back support belt. But the question is, which is the best back support from so many options available in the Indian market? This is a very tough question to answer, and hence you may not be able to pick one from them. Here we have listed the best selling back support belts in India. Also, there is a small buying guide and benefits of these belts in this article, which can help in picking the best belt. So, let us get started…
|Best Choice||Premium Choice||Value for Money|
|Tynor Flexible Lumbo Sacral Belt||ELOVE Orthopaedic Electric Heating Belt||Xtrim Dura Back Support Belt|
|Why we selected it
||Why we selected it
||Why we selected it
|Buy On Amazon||Buy On Amazon||Buy On Amazon|
When to Consider a Back Support Belt?
It is found most of us suffer from back pain. It may be due to some accidents or other physical issues. Sometimes the pain becomes so severe that you need physical assistance. In the present time, you can use and rely upon back support belts to relief the pain. These belts are easy to wear and can give quick relief from back pains. If you want you can also wear it under your dress.
The facility of using a back support belt can also reduce muscle tension and other issues. It also contributes to improving the posture by redistributing weight in the spine. It is with the help of the belt you can carry out your daily work.
The primary factory for back pains is the spines. However, if you provide support to the spines, you can stay free and active. It will allow you in everyday movement. Your life can be better.
Best Selling Back Support Belts Online in India
Have a look at the best selling back support belts for men and women available in India…
1. Tynor Flexible Lumbo Sacral Belt
If you are having mild back pain and looking for the best back support belts for lower back pain and posture, then Tynor Flexible Lumbo Sacral Belt is a good choice. It will help in immobilizing the back but in a very comfortable way. You can use it for posture correction, mild lower back pain, lumbar spondylitis, spinal injuries, and vertebral fracture. It is available in Large size, which is good for people with a waist size between 40 inches to 46 inches. It comes with double pull straps, and those will ensure that the belt is comfortably secured to the waist. You need to wash it manually and dry it in the shade.
Things we liked:
- You can use it for various spine-related problems.
- It is available in large sizes.
- It comes with a double strap mechanism for a better fit.
- You should wash it manually in the water below 30 degrees C and dry it in the shade only.
Things we didn’t like:
- The size runs small.
2. ELOVE Orthopaedic Electric Heating Belt
Do you want a belt that can be used for full-body? Then ELOVE Orthopaedic Electric Heating Belt is a heat belt or pad that can be placed anywhere on the body like knee, waist, neck, abdomen, shoulder, or any other joint pains. It comes in gray and orange colors and available in three different sizes – Regular, Large, and Extra Large. This heating belt gets heated up in just 30 seconds, and you will be able to enjoy faster relief from pain. Muscle pain, joint pain, and stiff joints can be treated with the help of this belt. You need to use it on a daily basis for at least 20 minutes. It will enhance the blood flow and hence spasms and pain reduction.
Things we liked:
- It can be used as a belt and heat pad as well.
- It is available in three different sizes.
- It can start treating pain in just 30 seconds.
- You need to use it just for 20 minutes every day.
Things we didn’t like:
- The quality of plastic used in the making of the belt is cheap. It burns easily.
3. Xtrim Dura Back Support Belt
Xtrim Dura Back Support Belt is a great option for those who are looking for a belt that can be used during the workout. It is a 6 inches wide back support belt that can be when you are working out in gyms, fitness routines, cross-training, and during powerlifting as well. It provides great support to the back, without effective the spine and back. It is made using leather locked in, and there are four layers above it. It comes with good cushioning for great support, and there is an adjustable ring. The ring is made of stainless steel.
Things we liked:
- It is a 6 inches wide belt.
- It can be used during power training and weight lifting.
- The cushioning around the belt provides great support.
- There are loop closure and extra-long hooks.
- It is available in Small to XL sizes.
Things we didn’t like:
- The stomach hurts when you try to bend wearing the belt. It is not wide enough to cover the entire stomach.
4. Orthowala Executive Lumbar Support for Chair
It may not be comfortable for some people to wear belts around their waist, and there can be many reasons behind it. But if you still want to improve your sitting posture, then you will have to try the Orthowala Executive Lumbar Support for Chair. It is a full length back support, which offers support to the entire lumbar area. You will be able to rest the entire back and take better care of your waist and back as well. You can tie it up to your office chair, or you can even use it in your cars. It reduces stress on the spine, and the lower back pain will be alleviated.
Things we liked:
- It covers the base of the spine to the lower back.
- It is cushioned well to provide great support to the back.
- You can use it with your office chairs or your car seats.
- It comes in washable and breathable fabric.
Things we didn’t like:
- The cushioning feels hard after a few uses.
5. APRODO Waist Support Protector Belt
One of the best options for those who are looking for a waist supporting belt for weightlifting is APRODO Waist Support Protector Belt. It can be used in the gym or when you are getting training for weightlifting fitness training. It is available in four different sizes – Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large. You need to check the size guidelines properly before you choose the belt size. It is made using Nylon, and there is a stainless steel buckle bar. It comes with Velcro closure and buckle. It is very light in weight but does its job in the right way.
Things we liked:
- It is a 6 inches wide waist belt.
- You can choose from four different sizes.
- It is made using high-quality Nylon material.
- It comes with buckle and Velcro closure.
Things we didn’t like:
- The hook adjustment can be made better.
Benefits of Using Back Support Belts
Back support belts come with several benefits, and here is a small list of the benefits that you will be able to enjoy when you are using them.
Posture improvement: One of the most common reasons for back pain is the wrong posture. Many people have a habit of sitting for a very long time, and they do not sit in the right way. They keep their back bent, and when that is done daily, the problem of back pain starts. Once you start wearing a back support belt, you tend to keep the back straight, and that reduces the pain.
Immobilize: After an injury or surgery, it is very important to keep the back immobile for a certain period, and that is going to aid in faster recovery. With the help of the back support belt, you will be able to achieve it.
Reduce pressure: Maybe as part of your daily job or when the situation demands, you have to lift heavyweight. When you are using a belt, the strain and pressure on the spine will be reduced.
Stand or sit comfortably: With severe back pain, many people will not be able to sit or stand comfortably, but if you are wearing a belt, you will be able to do it very easily. It does not cause as much as it uses to.
Alleviated pain: If you are using a belt regularly, you will be relieved from the long term back pain and alleviated from it. You need not have to think about any expensive surgeries for back pain.
Ease of use: One of the best benefits that you will be able to enjoy with the back support belt is they are very easy to use. In most cases, you will be able to wear them by yourself, but if you had an accident, an injury, or surgery, you might need the help of someone to fit the belt around the waist.
How To Choose The Best Back Support Belts
It is never going to be an easy task to pick something when you are given hundreds of options to choose from. It is going to be easy when you have fewer options to look at and pick. To make it simple for you, we have listed the best ten back support belts for you, and if you are still unable to pick one from the list, then this buying guide can be of great help for you. It has all the important points that you need to check before you make a choice. So, let us have a look at the buying guide…
Size: Finding the right size for you is very important. While some brands offer just small, medium, and large sizes, other popular brands have from extra small to XXL or XXXL as well. You will have a detailed guide on the belt package to pick the right size according to the waist size. You will have to make sure that you measure your waist before you start shopping for back support belts in the market.
Straps: Did you anytime wear any dress that comes with straps, like shoulder straps or waist straps? Then you must be aware of how uncomfortable it is going to be if you are wearing something with too lose straps or too tight. So, it is very important to make sure that the belt that you are choosing comes with comfortable straps. You will have to wear a back support belt daily, and if you are choosing something that can become loose in just no time, then they are of no use. It is the straps that are going to provide you with the right support you need to support the back and improve the posture of your back.
Type of back support belts: There are three types of back support belts available in the market, and you will have to pick one depending on your needs:
- Corset: If you are looking for belts or braces that can help in improving your posture, then the corset type is the best choice. They are also good for those who have undergone a back surgery as this will restrict the movement of the waist so that you will be able to avoid unwanted twisted of the waist area.
- Rigid: For better support and stability, you should go for Rigid belts. They are more tough and secure options. These are considered better than the previous type, Corset as this can reduce the movement further. After surgeries, you will be able to retrain your muscles with the help of these belts as they can help you stand better.
- Occupational: These are used by those people who lift heavy weights daily as part of their job. This belt is going to offer the support that they need in their job and also will protect from any back injuries due to the heavy weight lifting.
Material: Always make sure that you are picking belts that are made of cotton and breathable material so that you will not find them uncomfortable when you are wearing them for a long time. You may have to spend a little high when you are looking for the best material, but that investment is worth it. They will last for a very long time, even when you are wearing the belt regularly.
How to Use Back Support Belt
Below are the steps through which you should wear a back support belt. A back belt is convenient for supporting the back portion of the body.
- You should never put the belt for a long time. This can weaken the muscles and the back pain may resume after a while.
- You should measure the lower back part of the back and buy the belt accordingly. If the mid-section is large go with the large size.
- If the belt has two flaps then release the flaps from the Velcro and place them at the edge of the belt. This will make the whole process easier and smoother for the user.
- You may also find that in the back of the belt there is a flap that informs the user about the belt position. Put this tag or the marker in the centre part of the lower back. You should make it sure that the side seams are aligned with the pant seams. The width of the belt also covers the tall bone area and low back area of the body.
- Never suck the stomach or hang the mid-section of the belly just before putting the belt. You should start with a neutral position that gives you comfort.
- Now wrap the belt around to the front part. When you velcro the first part of the belt make it clear that the two surfaces are matched and you get a solid foundation.
- Never place the belt in criss-cross position. You should also keep an eye on the matter that one belt does not go above the other one.
- The actual position of the belt should be like the top edge of the belt should be below the naval.
- The belt should never be too tight. It can cause a lot of inconvenience to the body. You should never wash the belt in a machine. The belt may get damaged. Hand wash in cold water is always the best way to clean the belt.
Back Support Belts Frequently Asked Questions
1. How tight should be a back-support belt should be worn?
This is one of the common issues of using a back-support belt, most people are unaware of how to wear it and how tight it should be. Even, reputed brands fail to mention it in the instructions. However, to answer your question, the back-support belt should snug fit to your back and should not be tight to cause any pain or irritation. A back-support belt is to support your back and not to be a reason for another issue. If you wear the belt very tight, it could put more pressure on your back and also result in bruises. So snug-fit it is.
2. How long should I wear a back-support belt?
It is true that to reap the maximum benefits of wearing a back-support belt, you must not take wear it for too little or too much time. If you wear it for only a few days, it will have no effect and if you wear it for a longer period, your body will adapt to the new custom and it would be dangerous. Therefore, you should wear a back-support belt for at least 10-days and not more than 2-weeks. This period is general and it could vary based on your body nature and condition. To be on the safe side, consult a doctor before using a back-support belt.
3. Is it okay if I wear a back-support belt while sleeping?
Yes, it is one way to utilize a back-support belt if you are a busy person. You must remember that wearing a back-support belt might not be a wise thing to do if you are a person who needs ultimate comfort on the mattress. However, if you cannot find time to wear a back-support belt apart from on the bed while sleeping, then it is okay.
4. My friends mentioned not to use a lumbar support belt while sleeping, is it true? Is it harmful?
Yes, it is not recommended to wear a lumbar support belt while sleeping. Wearing a lumbar support belt while sleeping could put more stress on your back and then lead to extreme back pain and discomfort.
5. If I depend too much on back-support, it could have side effects?
Yes, back-support is just for support to ease the back pain. However, if you decide to depend on it too much, it could have negative effects in the future. Depending too much on a back-support could weaken your core, as your body becomes dependent on back-support. Such a development would mean that if you remove the back-support in the future, the muscle and spine might not be able to support you.
6. Is it okay to wear a posture corrector all day?
Yes, it is okay to depend on a posture corrector all-day, however, if you continue to depend on it, it might make you completely addicted to it. Therefore, it is best recommended that you wear it only until you know the correct posture and then quit using them. You must remember that you are wearing the posture corrector to correct your posture and to teach you the right posture, if you are careless and neglect this, you might regret it.
Was the article helpful for you? After reading the list of benefits that you will be able to experience after using the back support belts, you must be planning to get one for yourself also. So, which one did you like from the above list? Choose any one option from the above ten options, and you will never regret it. All of them are very effective and help in treating back pain when followed by other suggestions given by your doctor. It is a good alternative for many other expensive therapies and surgeries. So, bid goodbye to back pain with the back support belts.
- 10 Best Pregnancy Support Belt In India (For Maternity)
- 10 Best Postpartum Belts In India (After Pregnancy Girdles)
- 10 Best Slimming Belts in India (For Stomach Weight Loss)
Ridhima Sharma is a Senior Pharmacist at Kukreja Hospital, New Delhi. Ridhima completed her Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm) from UP University. She regularly writes article on health information, fitness and beauty related products at IndiasStuffs.com