You may not have realized that chia seeds are like those food components that are high in nutrients while having very few calories. With 11 grams of fibre and 4 grams of protein per ounce, this modern-day superfood also contains a significant amount of zinc, Vitamins B1, B2, B3, and potassium, as well as a variety of other nutrients.
These chia seeds aids in the facilitation of weight loss as well as the treatment of constipation. Doctors have even recommended eating 1.5 tbsp of chia seeds two times daily as a result of the composition of these seeds. You can either drink it straight or mix it into desserts such as puddings, cereal products, milk shakes, truffles, and so on.
Chia seeds are high in fibre, Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamins, Nutrients, and Protein when eaten raw or unroasted in their natural state. A combination like this can help you improve the bowel movements as well as your digestion.
In addition, the research suggests that it helped us feel fuller for a prolonged period of time when compared to other competitors. The combination of protein and fiber helps you lose weight by suppressing your appetite and assisting you in the weight loss efforts.
The chia seeds are not only gluten-free, but they are also certified organic. This contributes to the overall advantages of the product.
List of Best Quality Chia Seeds In India
Chia seed uses and benefits
Chia seeds are no doubt one of the most nutritious superfoods we can get from nature. It would be a crime to undervalue the health benefits of such a nutrient-dense food, so let’s discuss not only the health benefits but also how you can consume or use Chia seeds for better health.
How to Use/Consume:
It is always recommended to soak Chia seeds overnight, and once they form Chia gel, you can use them in smoothies and other fruit-based shakes to enjoy them. However, you can also grind chia seeds using a coffee grinder or any normal grinder, and use them as a thickener. And if you don’t want to do any of that struggling, you can also use whole chia seeds. Just sprinkle them on yoghurt and enjoy with your breakfast, simple as that.
Chia Seed Health Benefits:
- Chia seeds have a higher content of Omega-3 fatty acids, which can help you with better heart health.
- Most people add chia seeds to their diet because they want to lose weight, and it is found that chia seeds have higher fibre content, which can possibly help you lose weight.
- Since they are packed with higher fibre content, they can be beneficial for people who are suffering from constipation. It helps to increase stool movement and also helps improve digestion.
- Because of the glutenous coating of chia seeds, they can reduce blood sugar levels when consumed regularly.
- UCSF Medical Center published a report showing that chia seeds have alpha-linoleic acid, which can help fight breast cancer and other types of cancer.
- With the B vitamins, zinc, iron, and magnesium, chia seeds can improve your metabolism rate and also help you boost energy.
- If you’re on a high protein diet, consider adding chia seeds to your diet plan because they contain 19% protein.
- Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, which can help you improve skin, heart, and liver health by adding them to your regular diet.
- Because of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, chia seeds can be quite helpful in improving bone and tooth health.
- Diseases Diverticulosis, which affects the digestive tract, can be treated with the help of chia seeds.
- Because of the bad lifestyles of humans these days, the serotonin and melatonin hormone cycles are disturbed, and it directly leads to poor quality sleep. Chia seeds have this amino acid called “tryptophan”, which can help balance the already disturbed cycle of serotonin and melatonin, resulting in better sleep.
Ridhima Sharma is a Senior Pharmacist at Kukreja Hospital, New Delhi. Ridhima completed her Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm) from UP University. She regularly writes article on health information, fitness and beauty related products at IndiasStuffs.com