Multimeters are one of the most common and essential tools to have if you deal with electrical equipment and projects where you need to check the supply of power. This way, the multimeter provides a way to check whether your project or device is going to work flawlessly or not. So, if you are involved in the electrical field and want a tool at home that can help you check the power supply, the multi meters are going to help you a lot. In India, we often need to call the electricians to check the possible fault in the appliances. And most of the times, the problem is often related to the electrical supply. So, instead of calling the experts every time, we suggest you to have a reliable multimeter at home to check the voltage level.
As the multimeter is a common tool to have, the Indian market is filled with numerous multimeter brands and local manufacturers that offer a good range of multimeters to the buyers. However, as most of the work in a similar way, it is often complicated for the buyers to choose the perfect one. If you are also finding it challenging to find the best and most reliable multimeter that completely worth the money, we have shortlisted ten of the most efficient multimeters that you can buy from the Indian market.
Best Selling Multimeter Below 1000 INR
Just have a look at them once, and then decide which one of these would be a better buy for you.
1. Mextech Mas830l 3 digit multimeter
Mextech Mas830l is an excellent choice for the buyers who are looking to buy a compact and reliable multimeter for them.Easy to use controls and a bright digital display make the Mextech Mas830l a worthy item for the users who pay attention to the performance and value.
The thing that made us include the Mextech Mas830l to the list is the perfect value for money. With a better build and excellent usability, the Mextech Mas830l offers a great value to the buyers. So,if you are looking for a brilliant build, smoother operation, and better performance, the Mextech Mas830l will be an excellent product to buy.
Easy to use knobs and flawless build together make the Mextech Mas830l a brilliant product to go for. The Mextech Mas830l is made up of high-quality ABS plastic that makes it shockproof and durable digital multimeter. In all, if you are also after value and performance, you should not overlook the Mextech Mas830l.
- Amazing build quality
- Highly efficient performance
- Lightweight design
- None so far
2. Generic Dt830d Small Digital Multimeter
Generic Dt830d Small Digital Multimeter is a perfect choice for buyers looking to buy a reliable and best digital multimeter, but are not after an expensive or a complex digital multimeter. Apart from being reasonably affordable, the Generic Dt830d Small Digital Multimeter is also an excellent product for buyers looking for lightweight and easy to use multimeter.
Another plus point bout the Generic Dt830d Small Digital Multimeter is its easy maintenance. The Generic Dt830d Small Digital Multimeter is extremely easy to use, and by keeping it safe and using it as per the instructions, you can easily use it for years without any significant performance issues. The Generic Dt830d Small Digital Multimeter comes with a detailed user manual that will help you understand using the gadget in the right way.
- Amazing usability
- Comes with a user manual
- Lightweight construction
- Readings are marked on a sticker that will tear with time.
3. Freshdcart DT-266 Ac Dc Digital Clamp Multimeter
For users looking for a professional-grade and highly durable multimeter, the Freshdcart DT-266 Ac Dc Digital Clamp Multimeter will be an excellent buy. Apart from the outstanding design and unmatched build quality, the Freshdcart DT-266 Ac Dc Digital Clamp Multimeter offers excellent usability, making it an ideal buy for all buyers. The brilliantly designed clamp makes it easier to use and carry.
Also, the Freshdcart DT-266 Ac Dc Digital Clamp Multimeter offers excellent durability that means the Freshdcart DT-266 Ac Dc Digital Clamp Multimeter is one of most reliable multimeters. And this an exciting buy for the buyers who are looking for the best build quality.
- Highly durable build quality
- Great value for the price
- Durable cable quality
- Bulkier than most of the other products on the list.
4. HTC Instrument Mas 830L Digital Pocket Multimeter
HTC Instrument Mas 830L Digital Pocket Multimeter is another excellent choice for the buyers who are after build quality and size. The HTC Instrument Mas 830L Digital Pocket Multimeter is not only durable but also offers users the most accurate results. So, if you are also after the durability and want to have a reasonably priced multimeter, the HTC Instrument Mas 830L Digital Pocket Multimeter will be an excellent product to go with.
The perfect build quality, errorless performance and easy usability are the three major things that we loved the most about the HTC Instrument Mas 830L Digital Pocket Multimeter. So, if you were looking for a multimeter that is easier to use, you should once have a look at HTC Instrument Mas 830L Digital Pocket Multimeter. It has a durable build quality and offers the buyers with brilliant results.Trust us guys; you are going to love the performance of the multimeter.
- Great build quality
- Perfect buy for the homeowners
- Digital display for a better usability
- Way too compact to hold
5. Unity Digital LCD Pocket Multi Meter
Unity Digital LCD Pocket Multi Meter is another excellent product to opt for if you have a good budget and searching for a multimeter that is meant to last for years. The brilliant build quality and easy to use features make the Unity Digital LCD Pocket Multi Meter a great buy for both homeowners and professional electricians.
The first thing that you are going to notice about the Unity Digital LCD Pocket Multi Meter is the outstanding build quality. Whether it is about the body or the knob, you are not going to experience any issues.
The perfect build and easy to use design make the Unity Digital LCD Pocket Multi Meter a worthy item to consider in the price range. If you were looking for a highly durable and value-for-money multimeter that will serve you for years, the Unity Digital LCD Pocket Multi Meter will be a perfect buy for you.
- Outstanding build quality
- Easy to use features
- Backlight display
- None so far
How to Choose The Best Multimeter in India
Whether you are a tech professional or DIYer, a multimeter is a handy instrument to perform your tasks. So you have to select a good instrument by considering the important aspects needed for you. Here are some important things that you need to check before selecting a multimeter for you.
- Digital Or Analog:
The first thing that many people get confused about is whether to buy a digital or analog multimeter for their use. But you can keep in mind that both of them have their advantages and disadvantages while choosing the right type for you.
Digital multimeters are popular over analog multimeters because they come with an LCD screen for ease of reading. It uses an analog to digital converter to show decimal readings on the screen. However, some people don’t like digital multimeters because the readings on a digital multimeter fluctuate, and small changes can’t be seen on a digital multimeter.
Analog multimeters include a pointer to indicate the readings. They will show continuous changes in the specific quantity that you measure. Because they have lower input impedance, they are very sensitive for small changes in current. Lower impedance multimeters are also not ideal for measuring different types of voltage. Also, analog multimeters can measure voltage, current, and resistance up to a limit. Therefore, digital multimeters are handy compared with analog ones. Also, analog multimeters are not easily available in the market because they lack many features.
Although most multimeters available in the market can provide great accuracy for your measurements, you can get imperfect readings due to manufacturing defects, measurement errors, or low-quality components. Therefore, checking the accuracy of the product is essential before buying it, especially if you are a professional person. But DIYers and non-technical people may not consider the accuracy of the multimeter.
- Auto-Ranging Or Manual Ranging:
Another important point to check is the range of the multimeter. You need to decide whether you want a manual ranging or auto-ranging multimeter for your use. With an auto-ranging multimeter, you will be able to measure the quantity without setting the input range. The multimeter will recognize the quantity that you are measuring automatically and show you the readings. It is a convenient option to use the device easily.
But in the case of manual ranging multimeter, you need to set the range of the multimeter to resistance, current, voltage, or any other quantity in order to measure that. For using a manual ranging multimeter, you need to know all the ranges of the component that you want to measure.
- Frequency Measurement Option:
If you want to measure the frequency, then you can look for multimeters that come with a frequency measurement option. In general, some multimeters include a frequency measurement option to let you measure the current and voltage at a given frequency.
- Temperature Measurement Option:
Many people also need a temperature measurement option in their application. So, make sure to opt for a digital multimeter that comes with a temperature measurement function for proper usability. This way, you can easily perform temperature measurements with your multimeter.
How to Use a Multimeter?
Now let’s check out the details how you will use a multimeter in a perfect and correct way.
- Measuring Voltage
- To measure voltage in a multimeter you have to first start with the probes. Plug the red probe into the mAVΩ side and the black probe into the COM. This works fine for almost all types of portable electronics running on direct current. Now connect the red probe to the positive sign and the black probe to the negative sign on the battery. This will display the voltage on the LCD screen. If you happen to switch the red and the black probes then the multimeter will show the value is negative.
- Handling Overload: When you set the voltage to a very low level, it will create an overload or out-of-range. This won’t hamper anyway but the meter will only show the value as 1. So if you see such a scenario, change the setting for the measurement and it should be fine.
- Setting the knob: This is another thing that you should know about when using a multimeter. The knob allows for the reading of the metrics. It has different field settings for voltages. You can select the ones from 2.00 to 19.99. Normally check the voltage requirement of the device that you’re testing the multimeter on and then select the same range.
- Measuring Resistance
- Resisters come with color codes as the norm, but quite a few resistors do not have any color codes. So how do you check the resistance levels and find the right setting? This is where a multimeter will help. You can simply check the meter to test the actual resistor value or the values at 0.00 or 1. Set the resistor to check at various levels like the lowest setting and the maxed out setting.
- Measure Current
- Multimeters also allow you to measure the current levels of the products. Just like the voltage is measured by poking at the VCC and the GND part, you can also measure the current by physically checking the flow of the and putting the meter in line. Though you will also need to get an extra piece of wire. This will allow you to measure the current. Use the multimeter to connect to the power pins and the power supply to the resistors. Then add the wire where the VCC wire connects to the resistor. That way you can measure the current levels of the device. Measuring current can be trickly so we advise you to do it properly.
These were the ten most efficient and easy to use multimeters in Indian that you can buy today. All of them are great for home as well as professional use, and you can completely rely on them for best quality and performance.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.
- Best Selling Multimeter Below 1000 INR
- How to Choose The Best Multimeter in India
- How to Use a Multimeter?