One of the emerging market in terms of real estate in India is Bihar. This is mainly because of the fact that the infrastructure in Bihar is getting better and in addition to this, the development is also catching pace. This is one factor why people are interested in purchasing property in Bihar. Moreover, the government is also coming up with several friendly policies which are helping the people and at the same time, they are attracting investments as well.
The sad fact is that Bihar had been infamous for the high crime rate and in such a case, the people getting into a bad land deal and losing money was not an uncommon site. All this had to change and nothing but the buyer himself can save him from this trouble. To deal with this, the government decided to make the land records available to Public using a web portal. Well, the advantage of this move? Well, refer to the next section to know about the advantages of this move taken by the government.
Advantages of Checking Land Records
The major advantage of having the land records available online in Bihar is that the prospected buyer can verify the details. Moreover, these details are updated regularly along with the mutation status and this means that the details are accurate. In such a case, it becomes easier for the buyer to match the details and decide on the property deal as well. The fact is that it just takes less than 2 minutes to check the land records in Bihar if you are using the online portal whereas it could have taken over hours and days if you would have opted for visiting the land record office in Bihar.
So with these many advantages, you must go ahead and check the land records. If you wish to explore the process of checking land records in Bihar then simply refer to the next section.
Steps to Check Land Records in Bihar
You can follow the steps listed below to check all the details.
- To check the details, you need to start by visiting the land record portal. The link to the portal is http://lrc.bih.nic.in/ and you must note that the portal is developed and maintained by Department of Revenue and Land Reforms.
- On the top of the page, you will notice a link for Search your Khata. Click on the link and the search will now start.
- On the next page, select the district from the map of the Bihar for which you wish to check the details. After selecting a district, you will also have to select the Tehsil.
- On the new page, you will be asked to enter the search criteria. There are different criteria available here. Enter the criteria and match it up with the details you have.
- Once you are able to find the records in the search result, click on the search result and click on the Submit You will now be able to check the complete land details on your screen which will be visible in a print-friendly version.
What are Other Services Offered?
There are many other services offered by this portal and you can avail them all easily. Apart from checking the land record details, you can check the map of the area and you can also check the details of the court cases on the land. The portal also lets you check the latest rules and the latest announcements. If in case the government is planning a land acquisition then you will also get the details of the land acquisition. The portal offers all the services that you might need while you are planning to purchase land in Bihar.
The bottom line here is that you should make it a point to check the details of the land records for the property that you are interested in. This will save you from and fraud deal that you might end losing money too. It would not take more than 10 minutes of your time to check the details for the authenticity of the deal.
In addition to this, if you need more clarification or if you need to get more details then you can call on 1800 3456 215