Delhi being the capital of India has always experienced a great growth rate. Presently, the areas surrounding Delhi have also been experiencing a high growth rate. All this comes under the National Capital Region but today, we are specifically going to talk about the real estate market in Delhi. The fact is that the real estate market is also growing in Delhi at a high rate. This makes it quite interesting to invest money in the property market because it assures you capital gains over a period of time.
If you had been planning to purchase real estate in Delhi then you are at the right place because we are going to tell you a secret which can help you in verifying the land details. Yes, we are talking about land records but do not worry as we are not going to tell you to visit the government office to check the details. We will share an online process to get these land records in Delhi. Let us first look at the advantages of checking and records in Delhi and then we will jump to the process for checking land records or Bhulekh in Delhi.
Advantages of Checking Land Records
To begin with, checking land records comes with only and only advantages. There is no disadvantage of checking the land records before you purchase the property. The first thing that you need to note is that it is totally free to check the land records. This means that you do not have to pay anything to get land records online. Moreover, this helps you in verifying the authenticity of the deal. This gives you an assurance that the deal is authentic and that you would not lose money in the property deal in Delhi owing to any kind of fraud.
Steps to Check Land Records in Delhi
You can follow the steps listed below to check all the details.
- The website to check the land records in Delhi is https://dlrc.delhigovt.nic.in/. So, you need to start the process by visiting the Delhi Land Record Information Portal which is maintained by the Revenue
- Once you are on the website, you will notice the list of District, Sub Division and the Village. Now, you need to find the column which has the details of your village. A simple search using CTRL+F can help you in finding the details quickly.
- Once you populate your village details, click on the View Record Button in the same column. You will be navigated to a new page here where you can enter the village name along with Khata Type and the search criteria. Enter the details in the search criteria as well.
- Select the search result that you had been looking for and then click on Khata. This will redirect you to another page which will display the land records of the plot selected by you.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see a button for Checking Khatauni. Click on it and a Khatauni will open in a PDF version as a Pop-Up. This can also be printed and the best part is that the Khatauni Records are digitally signed. The last update date for records is also mentioned here.
What are Other Services Offered?
Presently, the land record website of Delhi has a very simple design and it doesn’t offer any other service apart from letting you check the land records. There are chances that the government may integrate other features in this website in coming time. The website however clearly shows the contact point for a particular village on the homepage itself. This is of great help especially when you notice a discrepancy in the land records. The details mention the address for the SDM office along with contact number and email address.
We have shared all the information about Bhulekh Delhi with you. We hope that this information will help you with your purchase decision and it will make it easy for you to get the property records. For more information, you can contact the SDM office or you can also reach out to the Department of Revenue, Government o Delhi. They will be able to clarify the details for you.