Recently DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) has announced a scheme to achieve the scholarship in the field of Aeronautical Engineering; Aerospace Engineering; Avionics; Aircraft Engineering and ‘Space Engineering & Rocketry’. This scholarship scheme is, exclusively for girls/women applicants.
Who is offering the scholarship and the amount of the scholarship
The scheme is generally known as ‘DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls’ and the ‘Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR&DB), will implement this scheme. The scholarship has started from 25 July 2019 and the total no. of the scholarship for Under Graduate Studies is 20. A candidate who will be selected for the scheme will get a scholarship of Rs. 1,20,000 per year for four years maximum.
However, in case of Post Graduation, the number of scholarship is 10 and the amount of this scheme is Rs. 15,500 every month and the maximum level of this scheme is Rs. 1,86,000 for 2 years.
The main aim of the scheme
The scheme has mainly two aims
- The first is to create quality aeronautics manpower in our country.
- The second aim of the scheme is to attract girls/women power from various institution throughout the country by a transparent process.
DRDO is striving to search for talents from the girls/women strength from all over the country.
The eligibility criteria for the scheme
To apply for the ‘DRDO Scholarship Scheme 2019’, the eligibility criteria should be maintained-
- The scheme is only for Indian girls and or women.
- The similar students doing undergraduate or post graduation in the field of Aeronautical Engineering; Aerospace Engineering; Avionics; Aircraft Engineering and ‘Space Engineering & Rocketry’.
- Undergraduate students must fulfill the following conditions—1. When she applies she must enroll in the 1st year in E. or B. Tech or B.Sc in Engineering. 2. She must clear JEE (maths) and must have a valid score in it.
- Postgraduate students must fulfill the following conditions—1. When she applies she must enroll in the 1st year anyone of these courses in ME or M.TECH or M.Scin Engg. 2.Must have 60% marks or in graduation must have CGPA OR CPI having a score of 6.75. 3. The candidate must have a valid score in GATE.
How you can apply
An eligible candidate when apply must follow the following steps
- Visit the application page on this site.
- After visiting this site click on this link ‘online application form’.
- Now fill all details on the application form and after that click on the ‘Register’ button.
- A ‘log in’ page will appear, you should log in with your registered email id.
- Click on Personal Detail Tab and fill with necessary information.
- All of your documents & photographs should be uploaded now.
- Now submit your form and then lock it.
Your application process is complete now.
Documents required for the DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2019
- Scanned copy of all
- Recent color photograph-passport size.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Admission proof.
- Details of fees.
- Institute certificate.
The selection will be done in two steps
- For Undergraduate candidates- according to the merit in the JEE (Mains).
- For Postgraduate students- according to the merit list of GATE examination.
What are the benefits: The students who will be selected finallywill receive the following benefits-
- For Undergraduate students: Total 20 scholarships that include Rs. 1,20,000 per year or the annual fees which is less for a period of 4 years maximum.
- For Postgraduate students: Total 10 scholarships that include Rs. 1,86,000 per year for a period of 2 years maximum.
Renewal of Scholarship
Under the scholarship period a candidate should pass all the examination scheduled by the institution. The candidate should maintain 70% marks on the average. For a particular year, if a candidate does not pass the test, the scholarship amount will not be disbursed. When the candidate will qualify in the next year, the scholarship will be allotted under her name. A successful candidate will receive only one scholarship for a particular year. This scholarship should be allotted by the respective institution.
The important dates: The following two dates are important which should be kept in mind
- Opening date: 25 July 2019
- Closing date: 10 September 2019