If you want to drive a vehicle in any state of India then you need to get a license. This is very important for the safety of everyone driving on the road. It is very important that you get a driving license in order to operate a vehicle. There are various types of legal formalities that you need to handle in order to get a license.
According to The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 everyone needs to have a license in order to drive a vehicle.In order to apply for a driving license in Tamil Nadu, you need to first get a learner’s license.
How to apply for a driving license in Tamil Nadu?
There are two ways by which you can apply for a driving license in Tamil Nadu. You can either prefer online methods of using the offline one.
How to apply for driving license in Tamil Nadu Online?
- First of all, you need to visit the official website – tnsta.gov.in/transport
- Now you need to download the application form and fill the details
- Choose the date and time and then get the documents verified by the RTO officer
- You have to take the driving test in order to prove your driving skills
- If you passed the test then you can get the driving license
Apply for a Driving license in Tamil Nadu Offline
- For the offline application, you need to visit the RTO office
- You can get the document there and then attach the required documents
- Now you need to book the date and time for the driving test
- For the driving test, you need to visit the RTO office
Eligibility for the Driving License
There are certain eligibility criteria which are mandatory to follow for a license in Tamil Nadu. First of all, you need to over a certain age for applying for a different type of motor vehicle. You will first get a driving license and after 30 days of the period, you can apply for the license.
- You need to be over the age of 16 years in order to get a driving license for a 50cc engine motorcycle without gear
- To drive a motorcycle with gear or any other light vehicle you need to be 18 or over.
- For the license of a heavy vehicle, you need to be over the age of 20
Documents required for the Driving License
The documents required when you are applying for a driving license are address and age proof. For the proof of age, you can provide any one of the school certificate, PAN card, Aadhar card, and Birth certificate.
For address proof you can provide any one of the documents like passport, Voter ID, Government issued slip and Insurance policy. For license, you will also need to provide the learning license.
What is the Fee for Driving License?
The fee for applying for the driving license in Tamil Nadu is Rs 200. You need to pay it when you are applying for the license while submitting the documents.
Ways to check driving license status in Tamil Nadu online
To check the status of your license you need to visit parivahan.gov and then you need to select Tamil Nadu. After that, you will be redirected to the next page where you need to click on driving license and then you can find Application Status option under the Apply Online tab. Here you have to provide the information like Application number and date of birth and then submit the information. After that, you can find the status of your driving license.
The license is only valid till a certain time period and it will be mentioned on the card. So you need to make sure that you are aware of the time period. You do not have to create a new license card as you can renew the old ones by the official. To provide you a driving license first you have to show that you are capable of driving on the road.
Even if you fail the driving test you can take the test again in 7 days. After you pass the driving exam your driving license will be delivered to your address.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.