Article 390 of the Indian constitution introduced a scheme in 1990 called the Sikkim Services Pension Rules favoring the people above the age of 60 and people who were dependent on others and lived below the line of poverty. The pension scheme was introduced by the Sikkim state benefiting the old aged people.
The pension scheme formally known as the National Old age Pension (NOAP) was later renamed as Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme in the year 2006-2007.
The pension for beneficiaries above the age of 80 yrs received an amount of Rs 500 monthly while beneficiaries below the age of 80yrs received a pension amount of Rs 200 monthly. Every beneficiary received Rs 50 every month through this scheme introduced by the Sikkim Government.
Following are the ways by which the pension is applied in turn benefiting the old aged people and their beneficiaries:
- Visit the website http://sikkimfred.gov.in/Pension/Pension_Main_Page.aspx
- Select Divisions
- Select the application form from the pension rules
- The application form downloaded online or can be obtained free of cost should be filled with all the required information necessary
- The necessary details for filling the application form are applicant name, gazetted or non-gazetted, Date Of Birth, Date of superannuation, Date of entry of service, Gender, Phone No, Email, Ration card No, Voter Card no which is mandatory
- Other details are Fathers name, mothers name, spouse name, present address and permanent address and guardian details
- The documents to be enclosed along with the application form are passport size photos (three), Birth certificate or identification certificate from the Sikkim Government, Income tax certificate or below the poverty line certificate issued by the concerned Government officer for date of birth identification
- The processing of the form will take some time
- The filled application form will be passed on to the Selection committee are a principal secretary or the chairperson, joint secretary of the social welfare department as a member, Officer of the Social welfare department
- The enquiry is conducted by the respective officers of the Selection committee with regard to the age and income certificate
- After submitting the application, the enquiry will be conducted shortly
- After completion of the enquiry, the beneficiary list will be prepared soon
- Once the beneficiary list is prepared, any sort of appeal should be submitted with 30 days to the Collector of the district concerned
- The right decision against the appeal will be sorted out by the Government
- After the clearing of the application, the pensioner will receive the pension from the time to time
- The beneficiary details will be maintained by the Department of Welfare, Social justice and Empowerment
- The Sikkim government will allocate an amount for the eligible pensioners
- The pension amount will be distributed through the benefit transfer system directly decided by the Sanctioning authority
- The verification of the beneficiary is monitored on a regular basis by the Department of Welfare, Social Justice and Empowerment
- The passbook of the pensioner should be surrendered by the family on his death to the Department of Welfare, Social Justice and Empowerment
- The pension will be stopped from the beneficiary’s death or if he migrates to somewhere outside Sikkim permanently
- Life certificate in a prescribed form must be submitted on the month of November every year for verification
The eligibility criteria for allotment of National old age scheme for pensioners are:
- The applicant should not have any support from anyone or close relatives or should not be able to fund himself
- An applicant who is not looked upon by anyone
- If the applicant is of a habitual beggar, he/she is not eligible for the pension
- If the applicant is admitted in a home not affordable, he/she is not eligible
- The applicant should be of 60 years and higher
- Only one person is eligible for a pension when both husband and wife are aged
- The pension will be handed over to the spouse in case of death of the husband
The penalty can be imposed on the beneficiary by the Sanctioning authority if the details are found false or misused.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.