India is a country where the government tries its best allocate a budget towards the education. There are government schools and government colleges which promises to provide education to the future of this country at an affordable fee. In addition to this, the government also has different plans and schemes where students can get admission in EWS categories in private schools. The government is surely taking every possible step to ensure that the education is given to the child.
As per the statistics, there are still many thousands of children who decide to dropout of the colleges and school because of lack of funds. Now, the government had also been thinking about it. The government launches different types of schemes to ensure that the students have funds to continue their education. One such scholarship scheme that government fund is ePass Scholarship Scheme. This scheme is restricted to the geographical area of Karnataka.
To help you with more details of the scheme, we have compiled a complete guide of this ePass Scholarship scheme in Karnataka. We tried to cover up each possible step and you can surely use the guide below to apply for the scholarship program after checking the eligibility guide.
All about ePass Scholarship Program
Before we talk about the eligibility criteria and benefits offered by the ePass Scholarship Program, you would surely like to know about the sponsorer of the scholarship program. We are going to share these details with you first. To begin with, ePass stands for Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarship and this online portal is managed by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare which falls under the Government of Karnataka.
The sponsorer of the scholarship programs on this website is Government of Karnataka and they offer scholarship under various categories to the students. The payment of the scholarship amount is made online via Electronic Payment and the benefits are directly sponsored to the student’s account so that it can be put down to constructive use.
- Karnataka ePass Scholarship Program – The application for this scholarship program opens in July to August every year. The application is only available to the residents of Karnataka and there are few more eligibility criteria that we have discussed later on this page. In addition to this, the scholarship portal is active till November of every this. For 2018, the deadline is about to approach. You can be prepared in 2019 to apply for the scholarship program and get benefits as per your needs.
Before we move to the eligibility criteria, you must know that the scholarship is restricted for the students who are opting for the higher education.
Let us now talk about the eligibility criteria to apply for ePass Scholarship Karnataka.
Eligibility Criteria for ePass Scholarship Karnataka
There are different eligibility criteria to apply for the ePass Scholarship Program in Karnataka and below are all the points that you need to qualify for before you are able to apply for Scholarship.
- Category–This scholarship program is available for the students who fall under the ST or SC category. The program is not applicable for OBC or General category. Hence, you must have the caste certificate before you apply for the scholarship.
- Domicile– The student should have a domicile in Karnataka and he should be enrolled in the educational institute in Karnataka.
- Annual Income– To apply for the scholarship, the annual income of the parents should be less than Rs 2 Lakh. The combined income of mother and father is considered here. The student is not eligible for the benefits if the annual income is greater than what is stated above.
- Attendance– The student should maintain an attendance of 75% or else the student will not be allowed to renew the scholarship in upcoming years.
- Type of Course– As per the website, the scholarship is only available for the students who are pursuing post-matric courses in the college. As listed above, the college should be in the geographical boundaries of Karnataka.
- Documentation– There are certain documents required to avail the benefits of the scholarship. After the submission of the form, the student must submit the documents in 7 days to the relevant point of contact. This is a very important timeline.
- Bank Account– The student must also have a bank account and the student should share the details of the bank account while availing scholarship as the benefits are transferred to the account digitally. The Aadhaar card should be linked to the bank account as well.
For ePass Scholarship Karnataka, the scholarship offered is Rs 1500. This was the scholarship offered for the year 2018. The amount may change for the upcoming academic year and hence we would suggest you to check for the amount once the new details are made available.
Documents required to apply for ePass Scholarship Karnataka
There are certain documents that you need to apply for ePass Scholarship in Karnataka. In addition to this, you must ensure that all the documents are self-attested and they should be submitted within 7 days of submitting the online form on the website. Here is the list of documents that you would need.
- Aadhaar Card of self
- Aadhaar Card of Parents
- Bank Passbook Details
- College Certificate or Bonafide from College
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- SSLC Certificate.
Application Process to Apply for ePass Scholarship Karnataka
The application procedure for ePass Scholarship Karnataka is based online. You can apply for the scholarship program will help of the portal https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/# and simply follow the instructions listed below
- To start the application procedure for ePass Scholarship Program Karnataka, visit the official website https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/#. This link will redirect you to the homepage of the scholarship website.
- Now, scroll down on the page and you will notice a column for the student corner. Under this section, there would be a link for Apply Online Button. Click on the button and you will be redirected to a new page with all the details.
- On the new page, you need to select Fresh Application. The link will be enabled once the new session for the scholarship application reopens.
- You will be redirected to a new form. On this form, enter the personal details along with the details of the college and other details. Ensure that the details match up with the ID proof and other documents that you plan to submit.
- In the next step, upload the documents that are mentioned in the section above. You can scan the documents and upload them. The documents should be clear. Once that is done, submit the form and obtain a print of the form.
- The form along with the documents must be submitted to the District or Taluk Officer within 7 days of submission of online application. The scholarship will start after the verification of form.
Renewal Process to Apply for ePass Scholarship Karnataka
After the application of the scholarship, you will receive the benefits for an academic year. After that, you would need to apply for renewal of the application otherwise, you will not receive the benefits of the scholarship. Follow the process listed below to renew your scholarship.
- Visit the homepage of ePass Scholarship again. The details of the page are mentioned above and you can visit the website at https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/#
- Click on Apply Online Button again from the homepage and you will now be on the new page where you will have the option to apply for a new application or renew the application for your scholarship.
- From the options available, click on Renew Application and you will be taken to the form for the renewal of application. You will need to enter your application number for the old application and this will populate most of the details
- Enter the details that need to be amended and this will now be ready to be submitted. You can upload the documents for the updated year.
- In this final step, obtain the printout of the form and also submit this form to District or Taluk Officer along with the documents required. You will need to submit this form within 7 days after the submission of the form
Checking the Status of ePass Scholarship Karnataka
If you need to check the status of the application then you can follow the process listed below
- Navigate to the homepage of the website and from the top menu bar, click on Student Services. A drop-down menu will be displayed. Click on Application Status from the drop-down menu
- You will now be taken to a new page where you need to enter the Application Number, SSLC Pass Type, Academic Year, Year of Pass, Date of Birth and SSLC Register Number.
- Click on Get Status button once you enter the details and this will finally display the status of the application form for the ePass Scholarship Karnataka.
This way, you will get an idea about the time that it would take for getting the Scholarship. Also, you can ensure that there are no additional documents that are required and other such details with help of this feature.
Helpline and More Details
There are times when you might feel that your application is not moving forward or when you might need someone to answer your queries. In such a case, you can get in touch with the department on the helpline number – 8050770004
Apart from this, you can also refer to the website as the website has all the possible details available for you. The link of the website is mentioned above and the link is https://karepass.cgg.gov.in
Lastly, in case you are not able to get any information about the application and it is not moving ahead, you can get in touch with the District or Taluk Officer in your District or Taluk. They will be able to assist you with your queries.
It should be noted that we used the original source to compile this information for you. The information and guide listed above are as per the best of our knowledge,however, we do not take accountability of any liability that may arise because of discrepancy in the information shared. The discrepancy can be because of the change in policies or any typing error. In case of any doubt or confusion, you must reach out to the relevant help desk to seek information.