Inspire scholarship has been offered to any student who has passed 12th standard in an Indian school. However, he/she should be from an Indian government recognized examination board. The Inspire scholarship is aimed at providing support to those students who are planning to peruse higher studies in various courses.
Unlike any other scholarship programs, the Inspire scholarship does not demand or require any registration fees or application form fee. Any student who is eligible could apply online, the eligibility criterion is mentioned below.
Inspire Scholarship 2019-20 registration opening and end date
As a matter of fact, the Inspire Scholarship 2019-20 dates have been announced and the closing date has been declared to be December 15th 2018. However, for the past few years, the Inspire scholarship opening and the closing date have been around these dates and you could expect the 2019-20 dates to be almost the same. Stay tuned to our website for updates on the 2019-20 dates.
- Any student who has passed class 12 in the previous academic year from any board recognized by the Indian government.
- The student must be perusing any three year course that includes B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), four year course B.S or five year course that integrated M.Sc./M.S programs from any UGC recognized university/college/ any UGC approved institution
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen
- If the applicant has completed 12th standard and if he/she is planning to pursue any of the above-mentioned UG courses, then he/she is eligible for Inspire scholarship, however, the applicant should be among the top 1% of class 12th examination conducted by any examination board mentioned above.
- If the student has attended any National Competitive Exams which includes the JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, AIPMT etc are eligible for this scholarship, but he/she should have a rank in the first 10,000.
PS: To register for Inspire Scholarship 2019-20, the applicant could satisfy 4 or 5th criteria.
Inspire Scholarship Amount
The student who received the scholarship offer letter is eligible to receive an amount of INR 80000 per annum for a period of 5 years. INR 60000 will be disbursed as cash and the awardee is demanded to attend or undertake a summer research project under any active researcher and the awardee would receive an attachment amount of INR 20000 as mentorship per year. But, the awardee should undertake the summer research project in any Indian government recognized research centre.
- Passport size photograph
- Caste certificate
- Class X mark sheet
- Class Xii mark sheet
- If qualified any National Competitive Exams, submit its certificate
- Endorsement form
How to apply for Inspire Scholarship 2019-20
Step 1: Open your web browser and navigate to the official department of Science and Technology website or click here instead http://www.online-inspire.gov.in/
Step 2: In the website, on the right hand side you will find an option to “Sign In”, below the sign in button you will find, “New user? Register here”, click this option.
Step 3: You will now have to enter all the details as requested and register your email address.
Step 4: Upon successful registration, an activation link will be sent to your email account, click the link received to verify and activate the inspire account.
Step 5: Once you have verified the email, you will have to log in to the inspire account using the “Sign In” option in the home page.
Step 6: On successful login, you will find you details mentioned in the page. Below that, you will find an option in boxes that say “Internship”, “Scholarship”, Fellowship”, and “Faculty”. Click the option “Scholarship”
Step 7: On the right hand side of the new page, you will not find the option “Apply for scholarship”. Click this option
Step 8: Now, you will get a fill up form on the screen with several numbers of fields to enter the details. Enter all the details according to the official records, upload the documents as requested and then click the “Submit” button below.
Step 9: If you are done submitting the form, then your Inspire scholarship registration is completed.
PS: In the website, you will have the option to save the form, so the user does not have to fill in the application form in one go.
Once, the registration is completed you will receive the confirmation mail to your registered email address.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.