Directorate of Education Delhi runs a program for children belonging to Economically Weaker Section(EWS) and Disadvantage Group(DG) to get admission in private schools of Delhi. The admission process for the academic year 2019-20 would commence from January 2019. The online form would be available at the official website www.edudel.nic.in
Parents seeking admission for their child under the EWS category must have an income of less than one lakh rupees. Disadvantaged Category includes SC/ST/OBC Non-creamy layer along with Physically Challenged/Transgender/Orphan. 25% of the seats at the entry level in private schools are reserved for EWS/DG category children.
The age limit for nursery or pre- school is 3-5 years as on March 31st, 2019, 4-6 years as on 31st March 2019 for KG or preprimary and 5-7 years as on March 31st for Class 1.
Residence proof- The applicant needs to have residence proof. The documents required for residence proof are as follows.
- Bills such as Electricity/Landline/Water bill, etc.
- Domicile certificate of the parents or children.
- Ration card in the name of the parents.
- Voter ID card of either of the parents.
- Aadhar Card issued by the Central Government of any of the parent or the child.
Proof of date of birth- The age of the child needs to be established by providing proof of the date of birth. Documents required are as follows.
- Birth Certificate as required under Birth, Death and Marriage Certificate Act 1969.
- Anganwadi record.
- Declaration of the age of the child by the parents or guardians.
- Hospital register record.
Income proof- In order to seek admission under the EWS category, the parents need to submit income proof. Documents required are as follows.
- Income certificate issued by a revenue officer above or equal to the rank of tehsildar.
- Below Poverty Line Ration Card.
- Antodaya Anna Yojana Ration Card.
- Food Security Cards issued by the Department of Food and Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Government of Delhi.
Proof of Disadvantaged Group- For applying under DG category, the following documents are required.
- Caste certificate proving the SC/ST/OBC non creamy layer status of the child. The caste certificate is issued by the Revenue Department GNCT Delhi from the DC’s office.
- Medical certificate issued by a Government Hospital if admission is being sought under physically challenged/special needs/transgender category.
- If the child is orphan, then a certificate issued in accordance with the instructions given by the Department of Women and Child Development, GNCT of Delhi is required.
Self-attested photocopies of the documents need to be submitted along the common admission form. However, originals of the documents must also be carried for verification. Any or all of the above mentioned documents may be required.
How to apply
- Visit edudel.nic.in and read the instructions before applying.
- Click on the New User Registration link on the right hand side of the page.
- Fill in the class and other details.
- Click on the register button. The details get submitted and a registration number and a password appears.
- Log in using the registration number and password to get access to the online form.
The form needs to be downloaded, filled and submitted along with the other documents to the concerned school.