Income certificate is proof which declares the annual income of the family. Income certificate is one of such document which is for those citizens of the nation with annual income less than a certain level. The government of Delhi started providing various benefits to the families who belong to economical weaker sections but to avail these benefits the family must have income certificate. Reputed schools of Delhi are requesting to submit income certificate for the students who have applied for admission in a ews quota.
So here in this article, we are going to brief you entire Income certificate application process. The application can be done both offline and online as per your convenience.
Make sure you have all these documents handy before applying for the Income certificate. List of the Documents which are required for Income certificate in Delhi are:
- You should have an ID proof which can be a copy of Adhaar card, Pan Card, Driving License, Passport or a Voter Card.
- While filling the Application form, the applicant needs to submit Residential proof which can be anyone out of these options Water bill, Electricity bill, Telephone bill. Performa of your
- Affidavit need to be performed for the income proof . Performa of the affidavit can be downloaded from the link: http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/DoIT_SouthWest/south+west+district/home/services/certificate/application+forms+download/income+form.
Online Process for Income certificate :
- First, you need to visit the official website of Delhi government to apply certificate i.e. https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/.
- Register as a new user by filling your essential details if you have not registered earlier.Click on the link https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/in/en/Account/Register.html
- You can use your aadhar card number or voter id card details to log in on the website.Make sure you enter all correct details to avoid any severe consequences in future.Click on the continue button to complete the process.
- You will receive an access code and password on your registered mobile number to apply for Income certificate online.You need to complete the registration process within 72 hours of receiving the code and password otherwise it will be canceled automatically.
- Note down your user id and password once you complete the process.
- Once you complete the registration process, you can apply for Income certificate through the website easily by clicking on https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/in/en/Account/Login.html
- Select department -Department of revenue to fill Income certificate form online.
- After completion of the online form, you will get an application number.
- After few days officials from the income department will visit your house to authenticate the information given by you.
- Once the verification process is complete, you will get your Income certificate.
- You can track the status of your application easily with the help of application number from the official website http://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/in/en/public/trackapplication.html
Offline Process for Income certificate :
- If you are going through the offline process, then you need to download the application form from the official website i.e. https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/Downloads/ApplicationForm/Input_9055.pdf
- Fill all details of the form and enclose a copy of all documents mentioned above with the form. Submit the duly filled form to SDM office of your District between 9:00 to 6:30 pm on working days.
- Once the department receives the form, officials will visit your home to verify the documents.
- You have to wait till 21 days after the inquiry is done to get the certificate of your income.
So the steps mentioned above are the online and offline method of applying EWS Income certificate in Delhi. You can select any of the methods as per your convenience.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.