Smartphones have come a long way since the early days. The ability to travel with all the essential things in a small device made things easier. From calculator to FM radios, everything into a small device was maculating.
However, the very first common thing you can find in an old smartphone versus today’s smartphone is the SIM card. SIM stands for Subscriber Identity/Identification Module and it allows a particular identity to an individual. Nowadays, everyone uses a dual SIM smartphone. It is such a great way to keep one SIM for business and one for personal use.
The only issue is, most people can’t remember that what IDs they offered while getting the SIM card. There are many times you borrow the SIM from a parent or cousin and keep using it until you have to replace it. In the old days, you call the customer care centre and ask for it. They were helpful, but it is legally impossible.
In such a situation, knowing that on whose name the mobile sim is registered seems difficult. Well, thanks to the latest apps and new methodology which can help get all these basic details legally. You can find various methods and most of them will work for sure. The easiest methods are listed below –
Using the Service Provider’s Company App
In India, there are currently three telecommunication service providers. These are Jio, Airtel, and Vi (Vodafone Idea). All these app providers offer the option to download their smartphone app and manage your recharges and data easily.
- Start by downloading the service provider app. For Airtel users, there is an app called Airtel Thanks App, which is available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- For Jio users, the My Jio app is available on both platforms. In the case of Vodafone Idea Users, there is a new app now, which is called ViTM
- After downloading the app, enter the mobile number into the respective app and click on send OTP (options might vary with updates).
- After entering the OTP, you will have complete access to the other details. You can find basic details related to the registered user.
- In the JIO app, you can find tap on three bars in the upper left corner. Now choose your profile and other settings. Now, you can know about the name.
- In the Airtel Thanks app, tap on the Airtel logo in the upper left corner. Then, it will show you the name.
- The method is similar to the Vi App and you can learn about the fact that whose name is registered with that particular number.
In these methods, you will learn about the name of the person used for the registration purpose. No further detail of age and address is shown for privacy reasons.
Read This Also: How to change Bajaj Finserv registered mobile number?
Visiting the Official Website
Similar to the apps, you can visit the official website of the SIM card provider and follow the same methods. The user interface will be different this time, but you can get all the similar details with this method. The official websites are –
- Jio – jio.com
- Airtel –airtel.in
- Vi – myvi.com
Once you open the website, you can log in through OTP as you learned with the app method. These methods will work perfectly in getting such basic details.
The Final Verdict
The alternative to getting details regarding the registrar of a SIM card is by visiting the local customer care centre with identity cards and asking for the same. They can help in a few cases or if you have a copy of FIR due to some specific reasons. We hope the information given above helps you resolve the issue.