PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, commonly known as PM Kisan Yojana, is an Indian government scheme under which small and marginal farmers will be given up to Rs. 6000 annually as minimum income support. This scheme, which was allocated a budget of 75,000 crores is expected to benefit over 125 million farmers, notwithstanding the size of their landholdings.
This scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi-leds government and came into effect on December 1, 2018. Under this scheme, annual income support of Rs 6000 is provided to all the eligible farmers in India in a total of three instalments of Rs 2000 every four months. This fund of Rs 2000 is transferred directly to the bank accounts of the farmers.
Eligibility for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Scheme:
- The land-holding farmers with cultivable lands in their names are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Both urban, as well as rural farmers can apply for this scheme.
- Moreover, small as well as marginal farmers can apply for this scheme.
Read This Also: How to change Bajaj Finserv registered mobile number?
Who is not eligible for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Scheme?
- Institutional landholders.
- Current as well as retired employees of State or Union Government and PSUs and other government autonomous organizations.
- Farmers with higher economic status.
- Farmers who pay income tax.
- Farmer families in which one or more members who are:
- Current and former holders of constitutional posts
- Current and former Ministers or State Ministers and current and former Members of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies, State Legislative Councils, or current and former Mayors of Municipal Corporations, or current and former Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- Professionals like doctors, engineers, lawyers, Cas, and architects, who are registered with their respective professional bodies and are pursuing their profession by undertaking practices.
We will now see the steps to register for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana:
If you want to register for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, you will have to follow some steps. These steps are easy to follow.
- You can approach your Local Revenue Officer (Patwari) or a Nodal Officer, who the State Government nominates.
- Common Service Centres have also been given the authority to register the eligible framers for this scheme.
While registering for this scheme, you will have to carry some important documents –
- Aadhar Card
- Citizenship Certificate
- Original Landholding papers
- Bank account passbook of the applicant
- Base card
- Voter ID Card
- Passport Size Photo
- Driving License Certificate
- Residence Certificate.
These original documents must be submitted to the concerned authorities.
You can also register yourself through the official website of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana – https://pmkisan.gov.in/ . The website has a dedicated section for farmers under the name of ‘Farmers Corner’. You can register yourself through the Framers Corner in the official website. You can also edit your details, like name, etc. in the PM-Kisan database, and you can also know the status of the payments.
Follow the below steps to register yourself for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana online:
- Visit the official website of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana – https://pmkisan.gov.in/.
- Then, the home page of the official website will open the screen.
- Go to and click on ‘Farmers Corner’.
- Go to the drop-down list from the menu, then click on ‘New Farmer Registration’.
- Then, the registration form will open.
- Enter the shown captcha code.
- Fill in the required details carefully.
- Click on submit.
- Get a hard copy of your registration form for future use.
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman posted on Twitter that the Central Government has provided 9.13 crore farmers with Rs Eighteen Thousand Two hundred and fifty three crores under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana during the lockdown due to COVID-19.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.