We all are consumers. When we buy something, we become a consumer. However, if the thing we bought is defective, we have the right to complain. The complaints can be from different sides. The amount of consumer complaints is increasing day by day. Let us take an example. If you buy a television of a reputed brand and install it. Soon, if you find some issues or problems with the television you can complain against the company. Now the question is where you will make the complaint?
You must have heard about the consumer courts. It is the place where you can lodge the complaints of defective products. However, you need to follow a specific set of processes to make the complaint.
Steps of registering complaint in the consumer court:
Consumer court is the ultimate destination to complain against the respective company. To do this, you need to register it in online mode. In addition to this, you have to follow a set of rules and regulations to make the complaint. This will help the process much better and smoother as a complainant. Let us try to find out the steps of making the complaint.
- The Indian Government runs a portal named consumer online resource. You have to register on that site. The site is core.nic.in
- It is an ideal complaint redressal forum. You can lodge your complaint on this site.
- You have to first register on this site by giving a valid mail id. It would help if you kept the password for the site secret. Once the registration is complete, you will get a notification in your registered mail id.
- In the next step, you have to commence the registration process. You will get the form in which you need to provide your name, address, and other details.
- In the online complaint segment, you will get the categories. You have to drop down the part and select the section and piece for complaint. You will come across the brands registered under the Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Once you select the brand and write down the grievance, you must click on the submit button.
- If the complaint is submitted, you will get an electronically generated number in the registered mail id.
- You can use this number to track the status of your complaint. If you put the number and click, you will get all the details about the complaint.
Other things about the online complaint process:
You must also remember some other points for online complaints. If you have registered on this site, you can make multiple complaints under the same log in credentials. No need to make or create another account for the same. The messages you sent to the companies or brands will also be displayed on the complaint and tracking status.
Apart from all this, you can make complaints in two languages. One is the Hindi, and the other is English. You can make the complaint in your convenient language. The complaint forum is systematic and organized. You will get all the information and status from time to time. The court also looks into the matter that the problem is solved as early as possible.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.