Government of Jharkhand provides old age pension for old people aged 60 and above. The pension amount under the scheme was Rs 600. But in December 2018, the government hiked the amount to Rs 1000. From this year, the pension amount is Rs 1000 instead of Rs 600.
The central and the state government collaborate to provide financial assistance to people availing the pension scheme in the state.
In order to be eligible for the old age pension scheme, the annual income criteria is used as basis to decide eligibility.
- Pension scheme for people aged 60-79 years– BPL card holders or citizens with annual income less than Rs 9974 in urban areas and Rs 7995 in rural areas.
- Pension scheme for people aged 80 years and above- BPL card holders or citizens with annual income less than Rs 7795 in rural areas and Rs 9974 in urban areas.
The following documents are required for applying for old age pension scheme in Jharkhand.
- Copy of the ration card
- Copy of the Aadhar Card
- Copy of the first page of the bank passbook
- Mukhia/ward approval document
- Copy of the voter id card
How to apply
Eligible citizens can apply for old age pension through the online facility provided by the government of Jharkhand. They need to follow some simple steps as listed below.
- Go to the Jhar Seva portal http://jharsewa.jharkhand.gov.in/
- Register yourself with the Jhar Seva portal by clicking on “Register Yourself”
- Sign in using your email id and password after registering.
- On the new page, click on “Apply for Services” option on the left hand side of the page. Thereafter, select “View all available services”
- From the list of services displayed on the screen, click on “Jharkhand Social Security Pensions”
- The application form for pension scheme will open on the screen. Select old age pension from the drop down menu on the form.
- Fill the application form correctly by entering your various details in the relevant fields. Information such as name, aadhar number, category, gender, annual income, ration card number, mobile number, address, bank account number,branch name, IFSC code, etc. needs to be filled in the form. BPL card details need to be entered if you are BPL card holder.
- Upload your recent photograph and click on submit button.
- New page displaying the details entered by you appears on the screen. You can edit if any detail is wrong. Otherwise, click on attach annexure to proceed to the next step.
- Upload scanned copies of all the required documents.
- Click on submit button after uploading all the documents.
- Acknowledgement slip will appear on the screen. Print this acknowledgement slip.
How to check status online
The applicant needs to visit http://jharsewa.jharkhand.gov.in/ and log in using the username and password. Thereafter, the applicant needs to select “View Status of Application” and click on “Track Application Status” link present under it.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.