Anyone who holds a ration card is entitled to avail food supplies at subsidised rates. This is of great advantage as the residents who are living below the poverty line can avail food items at a very low price. This is also applicable for the people living in Chhattisgarh as the government has setup several Public Distribution Shops under the Food Safety Act. You can get commodities like wheat, rice, sugar, LPG and even fertilizers with the help of the ration card.
If you are living in Chhattisgarh and if you still do not have a ration card then do not worry as here is the process to apply for ration card in Chhattisgarh.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
There are different ration cards offered in Chhattisgarh and this includes AAY Card, PHH Cards & APL Cards. The maximum benefit is offered to the holders of AAY Card and PHH card. In addition to this, the income eligibility criteria are updated every now and then. We would request you to the updated notification for the same.
There are certain documents that you need to submit in order to get the ration card. Here are the details of these documents
- Aadhaar card of family members
- Income Certificate of Applicant
- Voter ID Card of family members
- Passport Size Photo of Family Members
- Passbook Details and PAN Card of the primary applicant
- LPG Connection Details
It should be noted that all these documents should reflect an address of Chhattisgarh for you to be able to apply for the ration card.
The process to Apply for Ration Card in Chhattisgarh
The procedure to apply for ration card in Chhattisgarh is based offline. The form is available online for the download but the rest of the procedure needs to be taken offline. Here are the details steps
- To apply for ration card you can choose to download the form online or you can choose to get the form offline from the Food and Civil Supplies Office in your area. The link to the website where the form is listed is http://khadya.cg.nic.in/Home_Hn.aspx
- If you are planning to download the form online then you need to click on Application Letter for Ration Card on the homepage and the form will be downloaded. You can obtain the printout of the form.
- Once this is done, go ahead and obtain the print out of the form. Now, start filling in the details in the form as per the information you have. The details that you are entering in the form should also match with the details listed on your ID proof and other documents. You will also have to enter the details of family members in the form.
- Attach the relevant documents in the form and once this is done, you can go ahead and submit the form to the Food and Civil Supplies Office. Obtain the acknowledgement slip post submission of the form
What happens after submission of Offline Form?
After the submission, the usual inspection starts. The details are verified and all the information is matched with the government records. There can be a physical inspection in some of the cases. After all, this is done, you will be issued a ration card. The whole process can take 2 to 3 weeks and it should be noted that you can also download the ration card online.
Steps to Track Ration Card
The only way to track the ration card is by visiting the Food and Civil Supplies Office in your area but you can check if the ration card is available online for the download. To check the online copy of ration card, visit http://khadya.cg.nic.in/pdsonline/RationCardRPT.aspx and click on the first option which is for Detailed Information of Ration Card.
Select your district, Development Hall and type of ration card under your village. On the next page, the details of all the holders of the ration card will be displayed. Find your name and click on the hyperlink next to your name. The ration card will be displayed on the screen
The ration card procedure for Chhattisgarh has been simplified in the last few years. We have tried to give you all the possible information here regarding the application procedure for the ration card. For any other inquiry, you can contact the Food and Civil Supplies Office in your area.