Ration Card is an important document that most of us should have. The document not only works as an ID proof or as an Address Proof but it also helps in getting subsidised food from the Public Distribution System Shops which are setup by the government. These shops can be used to get commodities like wheat, rice and LPG. In earlier days, they also used to offer kerosene oil but owing to the pollution and risk associated with the Kerosene. In Goa, the government issues the Ration Card to all eligible people and hence if you do not have a ration card yet, you can check out the procedure listed below to apply for Ration Card in Goa.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
There are three different types of ration card issued by the government in Goa. This includes the APL card, BPL card and AAY card. The eligibility criteria may differ from one card to another but it should be noted that the application should be residing in Goa and the primary applicant needs to be over 18 years of the age. Now, let us look at the documents that you need to apply for ration card in Goa.
- Aadhaar Card of all members
- Passport Size Photo of all Members
- Voter ID Card
- Income Certificate
- Bank Passbook of Primary Applicant
You can obtain a Xerox copy of the form and this will have to be attached to the form that you need to fill in for the ration card application.
The process to Apply for Ration Card in Goa
In Goa, the process to apply for Ration Card is not yet available online and hence you need to follow the offline route for the application procedure. You can check out the offline procedure listed below
- There is no specific form that needs to be submitted here. You just need to write an application on a plain paper. In the application, include the details of the permanent address, details of applicants such as name, age and Aadhaar number.
- Attach a copy of annexure H with the form and also list the details of the old ration card. It should be noted that your name in old ration card should be cancelled before you apply for the new one.
- Attach all other documents and you can self-attest the documents that you are submitting for application of ration card.
- Once all this is done, you need to go ahead and submit the Talathi. They will share an acknowledgement number with you after the submission of the application.
What happens after submission of Offline Form?
After the submission of the application, the details will be verified. This is all done via the government department. In some cases, it has been observed that there had been a physical inspection as well. Apart from this, the verification of income is also done. Once all the steps are completed, the ration card is issued to the person and it is delivered at the permanent address with help of Indian Post.
Talking about the lead times to get the ration card, the government has mentioned that the ration card will be delivered in 7 working days to the application. These are excluding weekends and public holidays. The government of Goa has really increased the speed of the process. It earlier used to take 2 to 3 weeks to get the ration card delivered.
Steps to Track Ration Card
In Goa, the system has not been migrated to the online system yet. In such a case, it is not possible to track the status of the ration card online. If you do not receive your ration card in the 7 working days then you can visit the office where you submitted the application to check the ration card. They will be able to help you with the status.
This was the process to apply for ration card in Goa. For any other information, you can get in touch with the civil supply office. The contact number for these civil supplies offices are listed on the link – http://goacivilsupplies.gov.in/contactus.aspx. Apart from this, you can also use this portal to make a complaint.