Gujarat is located in the eastern part of the country and it has seen a lot of development in recent past. A lot of states are now trying to follow the Gujarat Development model to speed of the development of the state. However, there is still a portion of people in Gujarat who are living below the poverty line.
The reforms are yet to reach them. People can still apply for a ration card and get the food items at a subsidised rate as per the food security act. Below are all the details regarding the same.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
The eligibility varies according to the type of ration card a family is applying for. In such a case, it is best to check for the details using the updated notification and talking about the documentation required, you would need to submit the documents listed below
- Aadhaar Card of Family Members
- PAN Card
- Date of Birth Proof of Family Members
- Passport Size Photo of Family Members
Once you have the documents ready, you can go ahead and follow the process listed below to apply for the ration card.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Online Mode
You can check out the online process listed below to apply for ration card in Gujarat.
- To apply for ration card, you need to visit https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/ and also register yourself on the website.
- After the registration is complete, you can go ahead and login to your account.
- Now, click on Revenue from the top menu bar and select Application for New Ration Card from here.
- On the next page, you will notice some instruction regarding the ration card and from there, click on Apply Online.
- Fill in the details in the application form and upload the documents which are requested here. Once you fill the form, you must also verify the details entered by you.
- In the last step, you can submit the application form and note down the application number.
The process to Apply for Ration Card via Offline Mode
If by any chance, you find it difficult to apply for ration card using an online portal, you can also go ahead and apply for ration card using offline procedure. Here is how you can do it.
- You can visit the office for food security in your area or you can visit https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/ to get the application form. If you are downloading the form online then obtain a printout.
- Now, fill in the details in this application form and attach the relevant documents to the form. The list of documents is listed is the section above.
- Submit the form and do not forget to take the acknowledgement slip with the acknowledgement number. This will help you in tracking the form in later stages.
What happens after submission of Online / Offline Form?
After the submission is complete, the officers will start with the verification process. All the information shared by you will be verified against the government records. Similarly, the documents will also be validated and in the later stages, an officer will be assigned to carry out a physical verification. The officer will then visit you and submit his report back in the office. In the last step, the ration card will be issued and you will receive the ration card via mail.
Steps to Track Ration Card
There are three different ways to track the ration card status. The first one is to login to the digital Gujarat website and checks the status of the application. This can be done very easily using the tracking link and application number. The second procedure to check the status is by calling on 1800 233 5500. The last way to check the status is by visiting the government office and checking the status.
This was the process of applying for ration card in Gujarat. You can go ahead and follow the process as listed above. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks since the application date to get the ration card. As mentioned earlier, the ration card is delivered via Indian Post. The digital Gujarat portal is certainly a great portal for all such activities.
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.