Uttarakhand is located in the northern part of the country and it lies in the foothills of several snow-capped mountain ranges. As a matter of fact, Uttarakhand is also known as Devbhoomi and this is mainly because of the number of the temple in the state. In addition to this, Uttarakhand also has Rishikesh which is the adventure capital of the country. You come across several tourist attraction in the state and economy of the state is dependent on tourism. There is also a high amount of agricultural activities in the state and hence the dependency is not just on tourism.
You can invest money in Uttarakhand and it is certainly a good place to invest money in. If you have really decided to purchase property in this state then there is one thing that you really need to take care of. You must check the land records of the property that you are planning to purchase.
In this article, to help you we have listed the complete procedure to check the land records. Here are more details regarding the land records and other such procedure.
Advantages of Checking Land Records
The first advantage of checking the land record is that you will be able to verify the details in the government database. This ensures that you get first-hand information without any manipulation. It is certainly a good way to check the land as they are now available online. You do not have to visit the government office anymore to check the land records. Another advantage of the procedure is that it promotes a lot of transparency which encourages people to invest in land in the state. This also gives a boost to the real estate industry in the state which was certainly required. Let us now look at the procedure to check the land records in the state.
Steps to Check Land Records in Uttarakhand
You can follow the steps listed below to check all the details.
- First of all, visit the website to check the land records. The website for checking the land records is http://uk.gov.in/ and this portal is maintained by the government of Uttarakhand.
- Scroll down on the page and you will notice a map of Uttarakhand here. There will be an option for districts here. Select your district in which your land is located.
- Once you select the district, you will be routed to a new page. On this page select land records and enter the details. Once you enter the details, select the land that you are searching the land records for. This way, you will be able to find the land records.
- There is also a second way to check the land records. In this way, you need to visit http://devbhoomi.uk.gov.in/. On this page, simply enter the district and Tehsil to move forward.
- Choose tehsil and then choose the village. Once you select the tehsil, you will get an option to select the Khasra number. Enter the Khasra number and search the records. Once you see the list of options, select the appropriate land and click on view land records.
- The next page will display the land records. You can also check any announcements or order on this page. This will help you in getting all the court case information on the property as well.
What are Other Services Offered?
The first website that we have listed on the page offers a lot of facilities. You can check several types of details on that page but the second website offers online the facility to check the land records. On the first website, you can check the information about different departments and you can visit each district’s website and check the details. This will help you in getting all the information possible. You can also apply for the services using this website of each district.
This was all the information about the Land records in Uttarakhand. Do makes sure that you check the land record information in the government portal before you purchase the land. For any other details, you can also reach out to the tehsildar or the department of revenue.