If you are an aspiring medical student, then the first thing that you would be purchasing is a stethoscope. It will prepare you for entering the medical school, and it surely doesn’t make sense to buy a Littmann at the starting of the MBBS program. That is a very expensive stethoscope. A right financial decision would be to buy a stethoscope that is priced under Rs 1000, and upgrade it as, and when you need it. You will be surprised to know that in India, even a lot of doctors buy stethoscopes that are priced below Rs 1000.
The main confusion while looking for the stethoscope in India under Rs 1000 is which one to buy. There are many knock-off products available in the market, and we are sure you want to avoid that. If you are a medical student or a doctor, you would want something reliable. You can even buy a stethoscope for home use as it can help you in checking the blood pressure using the standard mercury machines. So, to help you in choosing the right stethoscope, we have listed the top 10 products that are readily available in the market. We have also reviewed them for you, so go ahead, and check out what we have in stores for you.
Best Buy Stethoscope Below 1000 INR
In this section, you can check out the various options available for you. Our experts have tested all of these options, and we assure you that they are reliable. We have chosen the brands that have goodwill so that you know that you are buying something authentic.
1. Dr. Morepen ST03 Dual Head Stethoscope
The first stethoscope available on the list is Dr Morepen. It is a reliable stethoscope available at an attractive price. The chest piece is designed with aluminium, and it comes with a unique diaphragm to help you in the diagnosis. The tubing is made of PVC so it would not rot away with time. This stethoscope also has an open spring frame that comes with a brass chrome plating. The ear knobs are made of good quality material, and they are very soft. They also isolate you from the background noise when you plug them in the ear. Since it is lightweight, it would not cause any stress on your neck or the head. Overall, it is a reliable product from Dr Morepen.
- It has an Aluminum chest piece, and it works on dual-frequency.
- The ear knobs are soft, and they would not hurt you.
- This stethoscope is available at an affordable price.
- Nothing as such.
2. JSB S04 Sprague Rappaport Type Double Tube Stethoscope
A lot of doctors prefer using a stethoscope with a double tubing as it enhances the acoustic sensitivity. This stethoscope is one such product that is available with a double tube for improving the sound. It also features a double sided chest piece, and the stethoscope has a transparent diaphragm. The frame of the stethoscope is very flexible, and the advantage is that it would not hurt your ears. It has exceptional build quality. The brand also provides a lot of accessories along with this stethoscope that can save an additional cost. It is a perfect stethoscope for the doctors who are looking for something reasonably priced. With one year warranty JSB provides you with the assurance of reliability, durability, and transparency.
- This stethoscope features a double tube design.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- The stethoscope comes with a lot of accessories as well.
- Nothing that we could notice.
3. Hi-Tech Msi Microtone Stethoscope
At number 3, we have a stethoscope from Hi-Tech. This stethoscope is available in 4 colours which include Black, Grey, Red & Blue. The stethoscope has a heavy duty chest piece that is made of Aluminum alloy. It has a 45 mm size. T The headframe has a size of 175 mm head frame, and it has a thick brass pipe of 5 mm. The brass pipe does add a little stiffness to the stethoscope, but it also enables you to listen to the heartbeat accurately. The brand also offers a one year warranty on this stethoscope, and it covers any type of issue. The brand also provides a spare diaphragm for later replacement.
- This stethoscope comes neatly packed in a box.
- The chest piece is made of anodized aluminium alloy that has a 45 mm size.
- The brand offers a one year warranty on this stethoscope.
- The earpiece is slightly stiff because of the brass pipe.
4. Dr. Morepen ST01 Deluxe Stethoscope
Here is another stethoscope from Dr Morepen, and it is one of the most affordable stethoscopes in the list. The stethoscope works on a dual-frequency, and it is also very compact. It is priced at less than Rs 300, and it is made of the chrome-plated chest piece. The diaphragm is designed with unique technology to let you hear every heartbeat. The PVC tube is of high quality, and you do not experience any issue while using the stethoscope. The spring frame is of even outstanding condition as it has brass come plating. In addition to all these features, the stethoscope has a soft earbud design.
- This stethoscope uses a seamless PVB tube to optimize performance.
- It helps the doctors in listening to high and low frequencies of the heartbeat.
- It is one of the most affordable stethoscopes in the market.
- A lot of background noise seeps while using the stethoscope.
5. PAXMAX Economy Dual Head Stethoscope
Here is another affordable option available on our list. This stethoscope is from Paxmax, and it has a chrome-plated chest piece. The diaphragm of this stethoscope is very reliable, and it is also compatible with the dual-frequency. The seamless PVC tube not only adds to the durability of the stethoscope, but it also enhances the audio sensitivity. The open spring frame is made of good quality material, and the ear knobs are also very soft. You get a new diaphragm and earbuds. The stethoscope is also compact, and it is lightweight, which enables you to carry it with you every time. This stethoscope is also suitable for measuring BP using manual machines at home.
- The stethoscope comes with, and extra diaphragm, and earbuds.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- The quality of the stethoscope is satisfactory.
- This stethoscope has an average sound quality.
6. Healthgenie HG-404B Cardiology Aluminium Double Diaphragm Stethoscope
This stethoscope from Healthgenie is available at a mid-price point, and it also has a satisfactory quality. The chest piece is sturdy, and it is made of aluminium. The frame of the stethoscope is also good. It should be noted that the chest piece of this stethoscope has a single head so you will not be able to use it from both sides. The acoustic sensitivity is quite high, so you can easily use the stethoscope for checking blood pressure or for checking the patients. The tubing is made of PVC, and this adds to the durability of the stethoscope. The brand also provides a one year warranty on registering the purchase with the website.
- The stethoscope features an Aluminium chest piece and a reasonable quality frame.
- It has excellent acoustic sensitivity as well.
- The brand uses PVC for the tubing, and it is durable.
- Some people do not like the quality of this stethoscope.
7. MCP Dual Head Black Matte Acoustics Stethoscope
Many doctors who are involved in the diagnostics of the children prefer a stethoscope with a dual head. If you are looking for a similarstethoscope, then you can check out this stethoscope. One side of the chest piece is designed for high-frequency sounds for the adults, and the second one is intended for low-frequency sounds for paediatrics. It also comes with an extra diaphragm and a set of extra earbuds. The sound sensitivity is good, and it transmits the sound perfectly as per the requirements. You can adjust the pressure to listen to different frequencies. Apart from this, the stethoscope has a sturdy design, and it also looks great.
- This stethoscope comes with a six-month warranty.
- The dual-head design ensures that you can listen to low frequency, and high frequency sounds.
- The diaphragm is adjustable, and it has PVC earbuds.
- Nothing as such
8. RightCare Doctor Stethoscope
At number 8, we have a stethoscope available from RightCare. This stethoscope is designed with aluminium, and it is available in two colours. The package has an additional pair of ear tips so that you can replace them once the old ones wear out. They create a perfect ear seal to eliminate the ambient noise. The brand also provides a year’s warranty on the stethoscope so keep your purchase safe. You can use it with the blood pressure machine at home, and it is also easy to navigate the chest piece. Overall, the quality of this stethoscope is good, and the extra earbuds are certainly an add-on. It can be used by the doctors as well as medical students. You would not encounter any issues with the stethoscope.
- The stethoscope comes with a one year warranty.
- The stethoscope also comes with an extra pair of earbuds.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- Nothing that we could notice.
9. ELKO EL-050 ALPHA-TONE Aluminium Head Stethoscope
Here is a stethoscope that can be used by doctors as well as medical students. It is a good equipment for the beginning as it is also available at an affordable price. The chest piece of this stethoscope has an Aluminium powder coating, and the diaphragm is designed with the unique material for the durability. Overall, the stethoscope is lightweight, and it is also compact. The stethoscope also supports high frequency and low frequencies. With all these benefits, it is one of the top selling stethoscopes in the market. The concealed frame is coupled with the PVB tubing to enhance the durability of the stethoscope. The high acoustic sensitivity certainly helps the professionals in listening to every beat.
- This stethoscope has a 12 months warranty on it.
- It has a PVC tubing with brass chrome-plated concealed frame.
- The ear knobs are soft, and they damp the external noise.
- The tubing is slightly smaller.
10. RCSP Multi Life Dual Head Stainless Steel Stethoscope
If you are looking for a premium stethoscope, and if you do not mind spending a little extra then you can even check out this stethoscope from RCSP. It is available in less than Rs 1000, and it is one of the best that you can get. This stethoscope is available in 4 colours that are Blue hat, Grey, Black, and Red. The ear tips have a soft sealing with to block the outside noise and make it comfortable for you. The metal bush would not prick you, and it also has a jointless tube. The performance of this stethoscope is fantastic, and the credit also goes to the diaphragm. The design is very compact, and you can surely buy this stethoscope from RCSP.
- It has a premium design with an imported diaphragm.
- The stethoscope is compact, and the ear tips are very comfortable.
- The stethoscope comes in an excellent package.
- It is slightly expensive than the other stethoscope on the list.
How to Choose The Best Stethoscopes in India
Stethoscopes are like the identity of doctors’. They are the most important part of any doctor’s life. So, buying the right stethoscope according to your needs is essential. This buying guide includes the essential points that you need to consider while choosing a stethoscope for you.
- Types Of Stethoscopes:
While choosing the right stethoscope for your use, considering the different types of stethoscopes available in the market is crucial. Here are some common types of stethoscopes that you can find in the market.
- Acoustic Stethoscope:
These are the basic stethoscope types available in the market. They work in traditional methods by transferring the chest sounds from the chest piece to the doctor’s ear. These stethoscopes use hollow pipes for working. There are a bell and a diaphragm on the other side of the chest piece that helps in recognizing and hearing the sounds.
- Electronic Stethoscope:
Electronic stethoscopes are amplified to let you hear small details easily. Those who have problems in hearing can opt for these stethoscopes. They are also compatible with headphones to eliminate the background noise. Another unique thing about these stethoscopes is they allow you to change the sound frequency according to your needs. They use batteries for operation and are usually heavy.
Accuracy of the stethoscope is another important factor to look for. If the stethoscope is not accurate, then you can’t use that appropriately. Out of two types of stethoscopes, electronic stethoscopes are highly accurate and can provide better performance in noisy areas also. But acoustic stethoscopes are not ideal for use in noisy areas. So, you can select electronic stethoscopes over acoustic ones.
The stethoscope should be comfortable to keep around your neck for a long time. Also, it should have softer ear tips to let you wear it on your ears conveniently and check your patients. You can also choose a model that has long tubing for ease of use. So, look for different stethoscopes and select the one that offers maximum comfort.
- Brand Reliability:
Stethoscopes are produced by many brands, but choosing a reputed brand is important for better performance. If you buy a stethoscope from a cheap brand, then it will not provide the appropriate results that you need and will get damaged in a short period. Therefore, make sure to buy stethoscopes from famous brands for ease of use. Also, the branded stethoscopes will provide better reliability compared to the cheaper ones.
If the tool gets damaged or broken after a few uses of purchasing, then you will feel very bad. So, you need to check the durability of the stethoscope before buying it for long-lasting performance. Moreover, the durability of the tool depends on how you use it. Therefore, make sure to take proper care of it while using it to use it efficiently for a long time. Mostly, the stethoscopes that come with a titanium or stainless steel chest piece are the best option to opt for. Also, make sure the tube is not too short or too long for ease of use.
With all this information, you are well-equipped to buy the stethoscope that you need. Financially, it makes a lot of sense to buy a stethoscope in this price range. The products that we have shared with you are not just reliable, but they are also very durable. These products will offer a clear sound when you are trying to make the diagnosis. So, go ahead, check out these stethoscopes, and do let us know which one you bought. You can also scroll through the different sections of the website to check what are the other reliable offerings in India.
- Best Buy Stethoscope Below 1000 INR
- 1. Dr. Morepen ST03 Dual Head Stethoscope
- 2. JSB S04 Sprague Rappaport Type Double Tube Stethoscope
- 3. Hi-Tech Msi Microtone Stethoscope
- 4. Dr. Morepen ST01 Deluxe Stethoscope
- 5. PAXMAX Economy Dual Head Stethoscope
- 6. Healthgenie HG-404B Cardiology Aluminium Double Diaphragm Stethoscope
- 7. MCP Dual Head Black Matte Acoustics Stethoscope
- 8. RightCare Doctor Stethoscope
- 9. ELKO EL-050 ALPHA-TONE Aluminium Head Stethoscope
- 10. RCSP Multi Life Dual Head Stainless Steel Stethoscope
- How to Choose The Best Stethoscopes in India