One of the most important health issues faced by people today is diabetes. Believe me, most of the people assume diabetic to be a silly health issue. However, they regret this once they get to know the real effects of diabetes. You might wonder why we are talking about diabetes, the answer is simple, and the Glucometer was invented so that anyone could check their glucose level so that they can control or avoid diabetes.
However, over the past few years, the sale of Glucometer has skyrocketed and the number of lab-test has been declining. During these periods, some concerns on the level of accuracy offered by Glucometer and lab tests were raised. The cause of concern is true, if you compared a Glucometer and lab test result, you will find a slight difference in the values. Nevertheless, remember, the values will not always differ; some of the products are very accurate. Here is everything you need to know about the Glucometer and lab test.
Why use a Glucometer –
- Portability – One of the biggest advantages of using a Glucometer is that it is designed to be portable. A Glucometer could be carried anywhere with ease. One of the best things about the portability of a Glucometer is that it could be used anywhere, even when you are traveling.
- The user will not have to visit a lab to find the blood glucose levels
- With a Glucometer, a user could check the blood glucose level more than one time whenever required and keep a good track of glucose.
- One of the best things about Glucometer is that it is good to detect hypoglycemia, which is comparatively dangerous than diabetes
- Most of the Glucometer’s available on the market are designed to be user friendly; it is very easy for the user to attain the glucose readings.
- One of the most advanced features that come incorporated into a Glucometer is the feature that alerts the user of the glucose level is too low or too high.
- The function of a Glucometer is not just limited to testing the glucose levels; it could also detect infections and other abnormalities in the blood.
- Some of the Glucometer’s come designed in such a way that it could store more than 10 to 20 glucose readings. This feature, in turn, could help the user compare the reading and make necessary changes in the diet and habits.
Why not purchase a Glucometer –
- A Glucometer’s are expensive and when it comes to the most accurate and advanced device, the price goes up again. It is not just the Glucometer that is costly, the strips are also costly, and some of the devices require special strips that are comparatively costlier than a normal strip.
- A Glucometer will differ based on the brand; some of them come with complicated systems that would be difficult for senior citizens to use.
- If the users prick his /her finger in the wrong way and if he/she is, diabetic this could cause infections and any other complications.
- Few experts have commented that a Glucometer could produce incorrect readings if the strips are not good and if the environmental conditions are harsh.
Why a lab test-
- Diversity – When it comes to lab tests, the user could do several tests on the blood in one go. This includes diabetes, cholesterol, and many other things.
- When it comes to lab testing, there is always some expert help that follows
- Most of the labs come with experts that can check your test results and recommend the diet or the best way to control your health issues
- For people who cannot use a Glucometer or any other devices, the lab test is the only best thing he/she could do to attain a glucose reading.
Why not a lab test –
- Lab tests require comparatively more time than any other tests, yes, to our expertise it would almost take 1 to 3-hours and it could drag more if the experts are busy.
- Every time you need a lab test, the user will have to physically visit the place, some time, you will need to fix an appointment and drive all the way to the lab.
Now you know almost everything about Glucometer and lab test. However, if you want to know what we think about accuracy, when it comes to Glucometer and lab test, then we would recommend that lab test is most accurate. One of the main reasons because lab tests are done carefully by experts and with precision.
- Common Mistakes to Avoid When Using Glucometer
- How to Use Glucometer for Monitoring Blood Glucose Properly?
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.