Local governments and municipal corporations collect and distribute land tax, often known as property tax, which is paid by property owners in their region every year. It applies to all types of property, be it an intangible asset, office buildings, land, or even major improvements to the land. If you have any type of real estate, you are required to pay real estate taxes every year.
In Kerala, anyone who owns real estate such as lands, plots, or houses is obligated to pay land tax and property tax to a local authority and village office in the area where the property is located. The land tax is paid either once twice throughout an assessment year, depending on the amount owed.
A web-based tool, known as the Revenue Land Information (ReLIS), is provided by the Kerala Revenue Department for the management of land records, as well as the registration & payment processing of land tax.
You no longer need to visit the municipal office for paying your property tax as you can pay land tax online.
How land tax in Kerala is calculated?
The land tax is computed by taking into consideration several different criteria. The site of the land, the size of the land, and the facilities supplied by the authority are examples of such considerations.
A notice is passed on 12, February 2021 by the Local Self-government served as a notice of the reassessment of the property. According to the decision issued, the assessment of property taxes in Kerala’s urban local bodies shall be based on the fair market value of the property.
Steps to pay land tax in Kerala
- Step 1 is to go to the ReLIS website http://revenue.kerala.gov.in/ . By clicking on the ‘Register’ button, first-time users can set up an account to take advantage of the e-services.
- Step 2: To login into the portal, click on the ‘Login’ button and enter your registered cellphone number and password.
- Step 3: After you have logged into e-Services, select ‘New Request’ from the drop-down menu. Select the ‘Land Tax Payment’ option from the drop-down menu. Then, by clicking on the ‘Confirm’ button, you agree to the notice for the taxpayer that appears on the screen.
- To complete step 4, provide information on the payment request page, such as the district name, taluk name, village name, block code, survey number, Thandaper number, etc. To double-check that the information is correct, click on ‘View and Add.’
- Users will receive an email confirming that the information has been updated.
- Step 5: Submit the necessary information, such as the applicant’s name, the date on which the tax was last paid, the receipt number, and so on. Choose “pay tax” option.
- Step 6: The payment information will be displayed on the next page. To make a payment, click on ‘Pay Now.
- When you reach step 7, you will automatically be sent to the payment page. Decide on your preferred method of making payment (e.g., online banking, debit/credit card payment, UPI payment). Make your online payment on the page.
- An electronic receipt will be generated once a successful tax payment is made and can be downloaded & saved for future reference.
Kerala’s revenue department has lately launched approximately seven digital services, according to the department. Among the newly introduced services, its department has developed a mobile application for the payment of land tax in the state of Kerala. It was decided to implement the e-payment function and digital services to offer faster services, reduce contact between people and political officials, and prevent the practice of corruption.
- Kerala Land Records – Online Paddy Land Wetland Data Bank Details
- How To Register Marriage In Kerala
- Driving License Kerala: How to apply, Eligibility, Fees, Status, Search
- Old Age Pension Kerala – How To Apply, Eligibility, Status
- Ration Card Kerala – How to Apply, Forms, Check Online Status
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.