There are many kitchen appliances that are available in the market for the ease of use. Some claim that the appliances are easier and healthier to use. An oven is one of them. It allows you to cook food just with a button and cooks faster. An even more latest appliance that everyone is speaking about is the air fryer. This is much quicker to use than oven. Both the appliances are healthier to use as traditional deep frying in oil method can be replaced with air frying technique.
Each of them has its own pros and cons. In this article let us see about air fryer and an oven and you can choose one of them which best suits you.
- Air fryers are a popular alternative to the traditional deep frying. They doesn’t require oil for cooking and instead use hot air which surprisingly gives you same result.
- These air fryers work by circulating high speed hot air around your food. A convection oven also uses similar approach but they both have their differences.
- An air fryer has an advantage over the convection oven, it circulates the hot air more rapidly. This quickens the process of cooking.
- The air fryer contains a small basket with lesser space compared to an oven which helps it to get heated in less time.
- As the air fryer contains perforated basket, it evenly circulates the hot air around the food. The bottom of the food also gets even distribution of heat. This helps to cook the food evenly with more crisp.
- Air fryers are much suitable for breaded food items like chicken nuggets, jalepeno poppers, mozzarella sticks. They wont get cooked in a convectional oven. So that’s a great advantage if you are a person who cooks more breaded and frozen food items.
- Air fryer is a step ahead in giving you crispy food making you forget oily food.
- However, after many tests, it is proven that air fryer and a convectional oven give same results with food. You might have to choose only one of them according to your use as having both of them is definitely a waste of money and space.
- An oven helps you to achieve good tasting food. There are two types of oven – conventional and convectional ovens.
- A convection oven is similar to air fryer. The difference between a conventional and convectional oven is that both produces hot air but a convectional oven have a fan to distribute the heat.
- Some ovens have both conventional and convectional options. That would be an added advantage.
- For convectional oven you wont get a perforated basket which comes with air fryer. However, you can have a roasted rack or a pan for the same purpose.
- When differentiating air fryer and oven in case of capacity, an oven have a larger space compared to an air fryer. You can have more benefits if you are cooking for a big family or guests.
- An oven takes more time to preheat than the air fryer. And an oven requires more energy compared to the air fryer.
- Oven cannot give an excellent output with frozen and fried foods. Air fryer is the best to use for breaded items.
We have mentioned the uses of oven and air fryer clearly. Based on your usage and space at home, you need to decide which one to choose. If you have a bigger family and doesn’t prefer much of fried or frozen food, then oven might be a better choice. If you are a person who wants to get food done quickly with crisp, and use a lot of frozen items, then air fryer would be a perfect choice for you. Go through the above key points and make a decision suitable for your family.
- Air Fryer Advantages and Disadvantages
- 10 Best Air Fryer Recipes for Indians
- What Can You Not Cook in an Air Fryer?
- How to Clean and Care for an Air Fryer?
- Is Air Fried Food Healthy? Know The Facts!
- How Much Electricity Does an Air Fryer use?
- Air Fryer: Do and Don’ts
- How To Make Samosa In Air Fryer?