Depending on the features, there are different varieties of chimney filters available. The cooking of a meal includes a lot of smoke, especially while cooking Indian food. It can be sticky and greasy, so it can leave an impression on the kitchen ceiling and tiles. It is beneficial to buy a kitchen chimney to absorb the smoke and make the kitchen oil-free. There are different varieties of kitchen chimneys available with different filters. You can learn about different chimney filters along with their merits and demerits to purchase the right one.
There is a difference in the chimney filter depending on the manufacturing structure and the materials involved. You can compare different features of the filters to purchase the right one. These are classified into three types which are mesh filter, baffle filter, and charcoal filter. The understanding of the merits and demerits of each filter is beneficial to choose the right one.
Mesh filter is made up of multiple handloom minimum layers, while baffle filter is made of stainless steel curved panel. The manufacturing of the charcoal filter is with charcoal slate with holes inside it. The only charcoal filter is suitable for Indian cooking in the kitchen. The cleaning of the charcoal filter is not possible because they are not washable. Many more features are available that you can learn about different kitchen chimney filters to choose the right one.
1. Mesh filter
The matched filter has multiple layers of aluminum which retain grease and oil from kitchen fumes. It will throw out the remaining smoke from the kitchen to provide a safe and clean environment. Some holes are blocked by grease or old particles, which can result in a reduction of suction capacity. You can prefer stainless steel mesh filters, but these are a little expensive than aluminum ones. Aluminum filters are light and easy to handle, but you should stay careful while cleaning them. Stainless Steel is heavier, and the handling of the steel is tricky. But you can clean it easily for the removal of greasy and oil particles. You can learn about the difference between aluminum and steel mesh filter to choose the right one.
A clean chimney is beneficial for having a safe and clean environment for cooking food. You can wash them with dishwashing liquid or baking soda. The aluminum filters will be required to be washed once a week. The users should have information about it to have a clean and safe chimney available in their kitchen for cooking Indian food.
Benefits of the mesh filter
- The mesh kitchen chimney filter is cheaper than the counterpart baffle filter. It is suitable for the budget of the individuals to use in the kitchen.
- The mesh kitchen aluminum filter is light in weight, and therefore it is possible to detach them from the chimney easily. It converts the cleaning path into an easy one for the individuals to remove the dirt and grease from it.
- You can look for the mesh filter keyword in the product description at the online site for a finding of the right aluminum filter chimney. It is a great benefit available which choosing the aluminum filter.
Demerits of the aluminum filter
- There is a need to clean the aluminum filter daily e or once a week. The sticking of the oil on the threads can catch fire easily and cause a threat to the life of the user. It is a demerit available with the selection of aluminum filter chimneys.
- The aluminum filter will prevent easy airflow, and there is the creation of external noise in comparison to other chimney filters available. It is another demerit associated with the purchasing of a mesh filter chimney.
Thus, these are the merits and demerits of the aluminum chimney filter that you need to know before purchasing them.
2. Baffle filter
The baffle filter is a flow control panel that is made of multiple curves. It will allow space for the moving of air during the process of retaining oil through the panels. The baffle filters are made from stainless steel, and these are also available in the market of aluminum. You can choose aluminum or stainless steel according to requirements. A grease or oil particle will not provide any obstacle in the flow of air. The baffle filter has great suction power to move the air freely without any oil and grease particles. You have to wash or clean them once a month. It is the best choice for the kitchen for the cooking of Indian food.
Benefits of the baffle filter
- The baffle filter is easy to clean, and they require less maintenance in comparison to the mesh filter. The baffle filters are dishwasher safe.
- The life of the baffle filter is more durable in comparison to the aluminum mesh filters.
- There is an improvement in airflow because of the efficient suction power of the motor.
- The baffle filter chimney is our best suitable for cooking Indian food items with masala. The finding of the filter is easy in the market by providing product descriptions.
Demerits of the baffle filter
- Baffle filters are having in wait, and these are not detachable like the matched filter. It will allow you to clean them once a month; therefore, it is a negligible demerit. The cost of the baffle filter is expensive in comparison to the counterpart aluminum mesh filters. It is another demerit available that you need to know about the baffle filters.
3. Charcoal filter
The charcoal filter is an optional filter for the baffle and Aluminium mesh filters. As the name suggests, filters are made from charcoal that absorbs oil and grease particles. The absorption power will depend on the thickness of the charcoal filters and the charcoal granules. The users should have information about it while purchasing them to use in cooking Indian food. It is a not washable filter, so the user will depend on the changeability. It is an essential thing that you need to know about the charcoal filter when you decide to purchase them.
Benefits of the charcoal filter
- The charcoal filter will use carbon along with the charcoal or stainless steel baffle filter. It will improve the efficiency of the kitchen chimneys for removing the kitchen fumes and oils. You can consider it as the best benefit available with the purchase of a charcoal kitchen chimney filter.
Cons of the charcoal filter
- The carbon filter is not washable, so the users have to replace them in 3 months, depending on the use.
- The maintenance of the charcoal filter will require more attention and the additional overhead of the users. It will cost expensive for individuals to use a charcoal filter for cooking Indian food.
In a nutshell, these are the different types of kitchen chimney filters available in the market. You can choose one filter depending on the needs and requirements to remove oil and grease particles from the kitchen. Understanding of merits of each kitchen chimney filter is essential for the purchasing of the best buy one. The chimney filter should help you to cook spicy and masala food with the best efficiency and low noise level with easy cleaning.
Related Tutorial Topics
- How to Clean and Care Your Kitchen Chimney Properly?
- How to Calculate Correct Kitchen Chimney Size
- How Does Auto Clean Kitchen Chimney Works?
- How to Calculate Suction Power and Capacity of Kitchen Chimney?
- How to use a Kitchen Chimney Properly in the Right Manner?
- How Much Electricity a Kitchen Chimney Uses in India?
- Kitchen Chimney Advantages and Disadvantages
- Why is a Chimney Necessary for Every Kitchen?
- Duct Kitchen Chimney Vs Ductless: Which is Better Option?
- Kitchen Chimney Vs. Exhaust Fan: Which is Better For Kitchen?
- Kitchen Chimney Auto Clean Vs. Normal Clean: What is Better?
- What is a 3 Way Suction Chimney? How does it Works? Its Benefits
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.