The kitchen is the key attraction of every home. Every small thing that adds up into the outlook affects the overall aesthetic. Among all the necessary kitchen appliances, a kitchen chimney is the crucial one, but never gets all the attention it needs. People end up buying the wrong products and have trouble with using the method, cleaning, and finishing also.
In such situations, learning about the kitchen chimney important components, the method to use and maintenance-related aspects will be overwhelming. The most common question asked by every homeowner after installing a new kitchen chimney is, how to use it in the right manner? It might seem simple to use a kitchen chimney by pressing the power button and adjusting the speed, but there are some rules for the same.
Reading the user manuals offered by the manufacturers can come in handy and provide a better use, but most people end up throwing them and not having a single look. The user manual can offer great help while learning about the appliance you will be using. Here, we are covering about three different situations as an example to help you learn the perfect way of utilizing the efficiency of a kitchen chimney and using it adequately.
1. While boiling something
When you are making any dish that requires boiling, you can simply rely on the lower speed settings because fewer oil substances are coming outside and using the low-speed setting is perfect here. All you need to do is, turn on the kitchen chimney, press the power button and then choose lower speed settings. You can start the kitchen chimney in the middle of the dish is being prepared instead of turning it on in the beginning.
Things like boiling eggs, cooking something in a cooker, etc doesn’t produce much oily substance and it is easy to eradicate. When you turn on the chimney and keep it at a low-speed setting, it will consume less power, and you will get maximum benefit also. You can increase the speed based on the smell in the kitchen. If the kitchen is getting plenty of odour while boiling, turning on the chimney at maximum speed settings will be helpful.
2. While Cooking Oily Food
While frying veggies, meat, steak, and other food items in oil, you can find plenty of smoke and chances are higher that it will spread like a fire in the wild. So, turning on the kitchen chimney at higher speed settings while cooking will be perfect. You can turn on the kitchen in the beginning and feel the difference. There is a total of three-speed settings and you can choose the medium speed at the start.
As you add more veggies, meat or other ingredients inside the frying pan, you need better exhaust. The possible solution to such issues would be using a powerful chimney. If the chimney you are using is offering excellent suction power, then it will eliminate the residue and bad essence within minutes. You can’t find any smoke inside the kitchen and it is always perfect to go with a medium setting and then move to full power during use.
3. While chopping Strong Smell Food
If you are chopping an onion, steak, cardamom and other ingredients into pieces, you can notice a strong smell of food inside the kitchen. This tip will prove beneficial to those who usually suffer from wet eyes while cutting an onion. This method is tested and used by many professional restaurants to get rid of any strong essence inside the kitchen while cooking.
One more tip is, you can use the small LED light when you don’t want to turn on all the lights inside the kitchen during the nighttime. The small LED is highly powerful and it gives you a clear view of what you are cooking. No doubt that it is important to have a sight at colour and temperature. The luminance from the white light will be good enough to give you clarity.
Other Necessary Tips While Using a Kitchen Chimney
Using a kitchen chimney requires a little knowledge. However, there are a few things that you can consider while using a kitchen chimney –
- Remove Plastic Wrapper – The plastic wrap on the chimney surface is installed to protect the surface from scratches during the manufacturing and shipping process. This plastic sheet is made of harmful and cheap materials. It can also catch flames instantly. So, always remove the plastic wrapper before using the kitchen chimney.
- Ensure Perfect Height – Before using a kitchen chimney, you should know that the chimney must be above a safe distance from the flames. If the chimney is close to the gas stove, then the smoke coming out of cooking oil can get flames and it is risky at the same time. The perfect height to install a kitchen chimney is 600 to 750 mm.
- Maintain the Chimney – Maintenance of the kitchen chimney is essential to protect it from getting clogged. The smoke and oily substances start colling inside the filter of the chimney. These substances are also flammable and cleaning them on a routine would be perfect to eliminate any risk.
Following these safety tips will ensure the perfect usability of a kitchen chimney. Make sure to check all the parts of the kitchen chimney on a timely basis to prevent any harm.
Bonus Tip: A kitchen chimney has only two important parts, a powerful motor and a filter. The electric motor offers great durability, but the greasy substances clog up near the motor and reduce the efficiency. The motor might start causing the noise. The same issue might appear when the filters are completely blocked. So, clean both parts once a month to have excellent use.
The market is flooded with excellent kitchen chimney solutions and all of them provides reliable usability. You can find some specific models which come with auto-clean features. Using such a kitchen chimney will be an excellent choice. Even though you are spending plenty of amount for the same functionality, the higher convenience during a long use makes it a highly reliable option and you can expect a better functionality. One more thing that might help if you are buying a new kitchen chimney is, always consider top brands and most-selling products to avail the best usability.
Related Tutorial Topics
- How to Clean and Care Your Kitchen Chimney Properly?
- How to Calculate Correct Kitchen Chimney Size
- Different Types of Kitchen Chimney Filters
- How Does Auto Clean Kitchen Chimney Works?
- How to Calculate Suction Power and Capacity of Kitchen Chimney?
- How Much Electricity a Kitchen Chimney Uses in India?
- Kitchen Chimney Advantages and Disadvantages
- Why is a Chimney Necessary for Every Kitchen?
- Duct Kitchen Chimney Vs Ductless: Which is Better Option?
- Kitchen Chimney Vs. Exhaust Fan: Which is Better For Kitchen?
- Kitchen Chimney Auto Clean Vs. Normal Clean: What is Better?
- What is a 3 Way Suction Chimney? How does it Works? Its Benefits
Santosh Kumar, He is a SEO + Blogger have 12 years of experience in writing tutorial, informative and product reviews topics.