After months of use, the suction power and capacity of a kitchen chimney will deteriorate. The decrease in performance is a result of clogged filters, insufficient maintenance, and other factors. In such a case, the simplest course of action is cleaning the filters and ensuring proper operation. What if everything is fine, but the blower or power supply has a problem? To be more precise, it would be prudent to determine the suction power of the kitchen chimney.
The large kitchen requires additional effort when sucking in air, and this complicates the suction power calculation. Suction power is calculated by multiplying the volume of the kitchen by certain values.
Suction power is affected by several things.
- Duct Size – The size of the duct varies according to the kind of dwelling. Some have ducts that are five feet long, while others are ten feet or less. Suction power for each duct size will vary according to the amount of power necessary to extract heat/smoke and particles from a residence, whether it is a 5-foot duct or a 10-foot duct. Read here: Duct Kitchen Chimney Vs Ductless: Which is Better Option?
- Angles specified – Often, owing to space constraints, the duct is given angles or bends. Some have a single curve in the duct, some have two, and very rarely three bends in the duct. As with duct size, the suction force of a chimney changes according to the number of bends applied to the duct.
- Food preparation style — for non-vegetarians, the suction force of the kitchen hood is greater than for vegetarians. It is because the odour/aroma of non-vegetarian food is stronger than that of vegetarian cuisine. Suction power must be increased to remove this food aroma/odour.
- Design & duct style – The design of the chimney has a significant role in determining suction power. Chimneys are offered in two styles: straight line and ornamental. Suction power ranges between 800 and 1200 m3/hr for ornamental ones. Alternatively, a straight line chimney type is needed using 700 m3/hr
It has been observed that increasing the suction power improves the chimney’s performance, but the downside is that it produces more noise. For modern chimneys with greater suction power, a 6-inch-diameter thick pipe is used for ducts, but chimneys with lower suction power, say 700m3/hr, a 4-inch-diameter thick pipe are utilized. Typically, a ten-foot duct is built for residential purposes.
Calculation of chimney suction power
Your larger kitchen necessitated a greater suction power from the chimney. The general rule is that the kitchen chimney must fill ten times an hour. Thus, to obtain the required chimney suction power, we must multiply the kitchen volume by ten, as the kitchen chimney must supply fresh air to the kitchen ten times each hour. The volume of your kitchen is determined together by multiplying your kitchen length, breadth, and height. Finally, multiply the measured volume by 10 to obtain the needed chimney suction force for your kitchen.
For example, your kitchen volume is 4m × 4m x 2.5m = 40m3. Ten times an hour, fresh air corresponding to the volume of a kitchen must replace; hence, 10 x 40m3 = 400m3/h. Thus, your kitchen requires a suction power chimney of at least 400m3/h.
Having a Kitchen Chimney Has Several Advantages
You Can Protect Your Precious Tiles
In an Indian house, an electric or modular chimney protects valuable stones, granite, tiles, and other items from sticky vapors. The sticky odors may give your entire kitchen an unpleasant look and feel. Smoke is the enemy of your lovely kitchen, and the modular chimneys are intended to collect all the smoke immediately. As a result, your kitchen will become smoke- and odor-free. As a result, if you love both the twist of spices in your cuisine and your beautiful kitchen, a modular chimney is the way to go.
A Kitchen Wall’s Best Friend
With traditional chimneys, the walls and ceiling of your kitchen might black with time. The electric or modular chimney keeps the roof and walls from blackening. However, a strong suction capability should connect with the particular chimney. To maintain suction capacity, clean the chimney filter every 25-30 days.
Give Your Home a Breath of Fresh Air
You certainly do not want to reveal your dinner menu in advance to our guests. As a result, you should install a modular chimney in your kitchen immediately to create a fresh ambiance for your house. The modular chimney absorbs the aroma and vapor of the food in-store quickly and keeps your house free from all the aroma of the cooking.
Sneezing Is Prevented
Sneezing is a frequent occurrence when we cook with a lot of spices. However, if you install a modular or electric chimney in your kitchen, this concern is eliminated. The enormous suction capacity of these chimneys keeps your house free of the spices’ suffocating odor, preventing sneezing.
Your Kitchen Should Decorated
Not only does the modular kitchen eliminate unwanted sneezing and darkened walls, but it also makes the entire cooking environment fairly aesthetically pleasing. The chimney color may match the kitchen color to make it an essential element of your kitchen. Therefore, if you want to improve the beauty and function of your kitchen, you should certainly choose a modular chimney.
If you’re in the market for an electric or modular kitchen chimney, you may choose from a variety of renowned manufacturers. There are several top kitchen chimneys in India, and you must choose your preferred one from the list. Additionally, these chimneys are good for the health since they eliminate the need to breathe dirty air and odors, and airborne grease. As a result, allergy and asthma sufferers should incorporate these chimneys into their kitchen design. Cooker hoods are often paired with integrated downlights that shine light onto the stove aids for more effective lighting. Several types are automated, equipped with auto sensors and timers, and some are compatible with remote controls.
Filter warning systems on certain models will inform you of the filter’s saturation status and when it needs to be cleaned. By cleaning the electric or modular chimney, you may assist preserve the kitchen’s hygiene. It’s a little investment, but over time, you’ll save a lot of money on kitchen maintenance. Additionally, it saves considerable time when cleaning grease and grime off cabinets and other surfaces. The modular chimney, which is suitable for every modular kitchen, has several styles and varieties. These are also reasonably priced. You may experience the joy of cooking by utilizing an electric or modular chimney. Therefore, build a kitchen chimney, either electric or modular, now.
Tips for increasing chimney suction power
- If the suction power of your kitchen chimney is decreasing and you wish to avoid such problems, it would be prudent to maintain it correctly. The following are some critical suggestions for maximizing the suction force of your chimney:
- Generally, a large filter area is required for a kitchen chimney. It is an effective method of increasing the power of your chimney.
- A baffle filter is preferred over a cassette filter for improved performance. Oil grease can become stuck in the baffle filter, although this does not affect the chimney’s suction life.
By following the above recommendations, you may more effectively maintain a kitchen chimney. Keep in mind that cleaning and replacing the kitchen chimney filter regular is critical for effective operation. If the above tips are followed, there will be no performance difficulties.
Related Tutorial Topics
- How to Clean and Care Your Kitchen Chimney Properly?
- Different Types of Kitchen Chimney Filters
- How Does Auto Clean Kitchen Chimney Works?
- How to use a Kitchen Chimney Properly in the Right Manner?
- How Much Electricity a Kitchen Chimney Uses in India?
- Kitchen Chimney Advantages and Disadvantages
- Why is a Chimney Necessary for Every Kitchen?
- Kitchen Chimney Vs. Exhaust Fan: Which is Better For Kitchen?
- Kitchen Chimney Auto Clean Vs. Normal Clean: What is Better?
- What is a 3 Way Suction Chimney? How does it Works? Its Benefits
- Suction power is affected by several things.
- Having a Kitchen Chimney Has Several Advantages